MODULE 1: Getting Started with PowerPoint
Learning outcomes: Gain an understanding of basic features and tools within PowerPoint, required to start planning and creating slideshows.
- Meeting Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010
- Creating a Presentation
- Working with Your Presentation
- Editing Your Presentation
- Arranging Slides
- Getting Help in PowerPoint
MODULE 2: Understanding & Customizing the PowerPoint Interface
Learning outcomes: Familiarize yourself with groups of tools and customize the workspace to easily access your favorite commands.
- Getting Acquainted
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- Tabs and Groups
- Customizing the Ribbon
MODULE 3: Creating and Formatting Presentations
Learning outcomes: Begin putting the elements of your presentation together, creating and formatting bullet points, text and objects.
- Using Templates
- Working with Text Boxes
- Basic Editing Tools
- Formatting Text: Effects; Fonts and Spacing
- Formatting Text: Alignment; Indenting and Lists
- Advanced Text Tools
MODULE 4: Adding Shapes and Art to Your Presentation
Learning outcomes: Use shapes and text boxes to develop diagrams and graphics. Format and customize the appearance of drawing objects.
- Drawing Shapes
- Working with Shapes
- Working with Text and Shapes
- Advanced Shape Tasks
MODULE 5: Viewing and Printing Your Presentation
Learning outcomes: Understand different ways of viewing and running a presentation. Prepare the layout and print a PowerPoint file.
- Using Layouts and Views
- Viewing a Slide Show
- Preparing Your Presentation
- Printing Your Presentation
MODULE 6: Adding the Finishing Touches
Learning outcomes: Finalize your presentation by proofing and adding interest with animation and transitions.
- Research Tools
- Using Themes and Backgrounds
- Creating Slide Transitions
- Creating Basic Animations
- Creating Advanced Animations
- You should be proficient in using a PC with the Microsoft Windows operating system, but no prior experience with PowerPoint is required.