[This course was completely updated (= re-recorded) to reflect all the latest Power BI Desktop, Power BI Pro (Service) and Power BI Mobile updates that took place recently. Enjoy this 100% up-to-date course]
You want to analyze data from single or multiple sources? You want to create your individual datasets based on these sources and transform your results into beautiful and easy-to-make visualizations? You also want to share your results with colleagues or collaborate on your projects? Finally, you want to be able to access your data from multiple devices?
Then the Power BI tools are the tools to choose for you!
In this course you will learn why Power BI offers you a comprehensive set of Business Intelligence tools for your data analysis goals and how to use these tools to fulfill all of the above tasks - and more. Imagine to quickly structure your data, to easily add calculations to it and to create and publish nice-looking charts in just a few minutes.
This is what you will learn:
- Get to know the different tools of the Power BI universe and learn how to use them
- Understand Power BI Desktop and its components
- Learn how to use the Query Editor to connect Power BI to various source types, how to work on the Data Model and understand the difference between those two steps
- How to work in the different views of the Data Model
- How to create calculated columns and measures
- How to build relationships between different tables
- How to create a report with different interactive visualization types
- Learn how to use Power BI Service (= Power BI Pro) to create dashboards and to share and publish your results
- How to access your results from multiple devices using Power BI Mobile
- How to create custom visuals using typescript and the Power BI Developer Tools
- And more!
This is what this course offers, but is this the right course for you?
- never worked with the Power BI tools before
- have a basic understanding of selected tools of the Power BI universe and want to learn how these tools work together
- want to understand the latest updated version of Power BI Service, including the newly introduced App Workspaces and the creation and publishing of Apps including your dashboards, reports and datasets
- ..want to understand the basic concepts regarding the creation of customized visuals using the Power BI Developer Tools
then this is the right course for you.
I would be really happy to welcome you in this course!
- For the majority of the course you must have a computer with Windows as operating system
- Basic understanding of data analysis is a plus but not required
- For multiple modules of this course a work or school email address is required to sign up
- At the end of this course students will be able to analyse data from different data sources and create their own datasets
- Students will be able to comfortably work with the different tools of the Power BI universe and know how the different tools work together
- Students will have the required knowledge to dive deeper into Power BI and find out more about its advanced features
Having worked as a business analyst in both a major consultancy and an investment bank, I always found myself confronted with both various and complex problem sets and challenging client demands. The rapid development of technology and business requirements forces everyone to constantly adapt and to continue learning.
Being an early adopter of new and quickly evolving tools, I always enjoyed both learning these tools and passing on my knowledge to my colleagues and fellow students.
Since working as a business analyst implies a high affinity to programming, I also enjoy working as a web developer. It's that combination of self-taught knowledge and its application in a highly competitive consulting environment for various clients which gave me the ability to evaluate solutions from an industry perspective as well as from a learner's perspective. The latter also allows me to identify the pain points students might hit when learning these tools.
Since I always found it hard to find high quality, understandable and comprehensive learning materials, I decided to create such materials on my own. Together with Maximilian Schwarzmüller I founded Academind to offer the best possible learning experience on web development and data science to our more than 600,000 students.
Bundling the courses and know how of successful instructors, Academind strives to deliver high quality online education.
Online Education, Real-Life Success - that's what Academind stands for. Learn topics like web development, data analyses and more in a fun and engaging way.
Currently, you can find courses published by Maximilian Schwarzmüller and Manuel Lorenz, more instructors to come!
Experience as (Web) Developer
Starting out at the age of 13 I never stopped learning new programming skills and languages. Early I started creating websites for friends and just for fun as well. Besides web development I also explored Python and other non-web-only languages. This passion has since lasted and lead to my decision of working as a freelance web developer and consultant. The success and fun I have in this job is immense and really keeps that passion burningly alive.
Starting web development on the backend (PHP with Laravel, NodeJS, Python) I also became more and more of a frontend developer using modern frameworks like React, Angular or VueJS 2 in a lot of projects. I love both worlds nowadays!
As a self-taught developer I had the chance to broaden my horizon by studying Business Administration where I hold a Master's degree. That enabled me to work in a major strategy consultancy as well as a bank. While learning, that I enjoy development more than these fields, the time in this sector greatly improved my overall experience and skills.
Experience as Instructor
As a self-taught professional I really know the hard parts and the difficult topics when learning new or improving on already-known languages. This background and experience enables me to focus on the most relevant key concepts and topics. My track record of many 5-star rated courses, more than 700,000 students on Udemy as well as a successful YouTube channel is the best proof for that.
Whether working as development instructor or teaching Business Administration I always received great feedback. The most rewarding experience is to see how people find new, better jobs, build awesome web applications, acquire amazing projects or simply enjoy their hobby with the help of my content.
Together with Manuel Lorenz, I founded Academind to offer the best possible learning experience to our more than 800,000 students.