MODULE 1: Getting Started with Access
Learning outcomes: Understand how to start Microsoft Access and some of its basic navigation and help controls.
- Starting Out
- Interface Basics
- Database Security
- Getting Help
MODULE 2: The New Ribbon Interface
Learning outcomes: Exploring the Ribbon's different tabs and options.
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- Basics of Tabs
- The Home Tab
- The Create Tab
- The External Data Tab
- The Database Tools Tab
MODULE 3: Creating a Simple Database
Learning outcomes: Creating basic tables and a look at the different types of fields available.
- First Steps in Database Creation
- Database Records
- Creating a Table
- Formatting Text
MODULE 4: Forms; Queries; Reports and Filters
Learning outcomes: Creating basic forms, queries, reports and filters; essential to the successful creation and administration of an Access Database.
- Creating and Using Forms
- Creating and Using Queries
- Creating and Using Reports
- Sorting and Filtering Data
- Viewing Data
- Printing a Database Object
- You should be proficient in using a PC with the Windows operating system, but no prior experience with Access is needed.