In this course, I will teach you how to design Trap sounds from the ground up using Native Instruments' Massive virtual analog synthesizer. In the process, you will become a master of this powerful software synthesizer!
Become a pro Trap Music DJ or Producer by mastering the tricks and techniques of top Trap artists such as Flosstradamus, Bro Safari, RL Grime, Diplo, DJ Snake, and more.
Using 44 high definition video lectures, I will show you exactly how producers and DJs build Trap patches using Massive.
I will teach you how to design dirty basses, huge leads, powerful plucks, trap drums, crazy FX patches, and much more.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the building blocks of specific sounds
- Imagine a sound and design it from the ground up
- Choose wavetables and oscillator modes
- Set up different filter routings
- Create modulation routings including sidechaining modulation
- Control the signal flow of your patch
- Set up insert and master FX
- Set up the noise generator and feedback controls
- Building and categorizing macro controls
- and much more!
You will learn how to be a Trap Music Producer by mastering Native Instruments' Massive.
I'll walk you through designing more than 40 trap patches step-by-step. Using plain english, I will show you exactly how to design patches used by professional DJs and Producers for their tracks. For each lecture, I'll also include the Massive preset file we create together for your reference or for use in your own productions.
That means you'll get more than 40 FREE Massive presets!
I'll also provide several bonus lectures showing you how to apply modulation to your patches inside your host DAW as well as sampling vocals.
If you have ever wondered how Trap artists create sounds, this course will show you exactly that.
If you're just getting started with Massive, you will feel right at home with this course. If you are a more experienced producer, you will learn tons of new tricks and techniques I've developed over the years.
You will be able to do things with Massive you never imagined possible.
After taking my course, you'll be able to call yourself a pro Trap producer. Plus you'll receive a verifiable certificate of completion from Udemy, showing your new expertise.
If you want to make Trap Music with Massive, this course is for you.
In this lecture, I provide a brief introduction to the course style, structure and approach.
A few things to remember:
- Feel free to post any questions, comments, or concerns in the discussion area for each lecture. I try to answer all questions within 1-2 days.
- All of the preset files we design can be found in the "Resources" section of each lecture. Download them and load them into Massive to follow along, or feel free to use them in your tracks!
- Once you've gotten a feel for the course, please take a minute to rate and/or review the course. This helps prospective students know what they're getting into!
- Don't skip the quizzes at the end of each section. They take just a few minutes and it's really good to reinforce what you've just learned.
- Have fun, learn, and grow. We're all here to learn together so have fun and work hard!
You can also download the entire preset pack using the zip file below.
Oh, and you can find out a bit more about me in the external resources below. Stay in touch!
- Native Instruments' "Massive" VST
- Design your own trap sounds with Massive
- Learn the sound design techniques used in trap style patches
- Choose wavetables, set up filter routing, apply modulation, control insert and master effects
- Recreate sounds used by Trap artists such as Flosstradamus, RL Grime, DJ Snake, Bro Safari, and more
- Explore in-depth subtractive synthesis techniques
- Apply automation inside your DAW
- Sample vocals and play them like a MIDI Instrument
- Never buy third-party preset packs again!
Dylan is a producer & sound designer in Los Angeles. He has taught music production and mixing techniques for more than four years.