Do you worry about hackers hacking into your system running locally or remotely? Then this course is the one you're looking for! You'll learn how to secure your system from such attacks. Due to the lack of information about security-related attacks, administrators now face issues in dealing with these attackers as quickly as possible. Linux is the first choice for an attacker and more administrators have started moving to the system to create networks or servers for any task.
This comprehensive 3-in-1 course is an easy-to-follow guide with a step-by-step approach to various problems covering various Linux security administration tasks. You’ll start with discovering some of the tools hackers use to attack your server, such as NMAP, Reverse IP, and DDoS Attacks. Secure your Linux Server with firewalls and SSL encryptions. Also, learn how to prevent server exploits such as DDoS Protection, hardening login security protocols, and more! Towards the end, you’ll become a better Linux Admin by sharpening your Linux Security skills!
By the end of the course, you’ll not only secure your Linux server with the help of efficient tools and techniques but also protect networks from attacks by thinking like a hacker!
Contents and Overview
This training program includes 3 complete courses, carefully chosen to give you the most comprehensive training possible.
The first course, Linux Server Security, covers securing your Linux server with the help of efficient tools and techniques. You will start by discovering techniques that professional hackers use in order to scan a website and a server, in order to carry out their intrusion attacks. Next, you'll learn to create secure accounts where we'll look into deleting and creating user accounts password and monitoring servers. Further, you'll learn to maintain your Linux Server in order to get optimized performance and stability. Moving ahead, you'll focus on tools that can be used to enhance server security, understand the art of hardening passwords, and fix authentication failures. By the end of the course, you'll be confident enough to take control of your Linux servers and use hands-on techniques to protect your server from internet attacks.
The second course, Practical Linux Security Solutions, covers creating and administering a secured Linux system in your work environment. This course will help you understand the various vulnerabilities faced by the system and help you to overcome them. Whether you are new to Linux administration or experienced, it provides you with the skills to work with various security tools, thereby making your systems more secure. By the end of the course, you'll have mastered the art of preventing your Linux system from getting compromised.
The third course, Mastering Linux Security, covers protecting networks from attacks by thinking like a hacker! In this course, you'll learn to secure workstations and servers against unauthorized persons. You’ll start with the three critical fundamentals that must be dealt with first: updates, passwords, and firewalls. You’ll then get an overview of what it actually means to secure a system, what an attack surface is, how hackers perform attacks and how to successfully protect against them. You’ll learn to secure a Linux machine, by securely configuring and running services, performing logging, secure backups, and more. The course will show you how to secure your system locally or remotely. Finally, you’ll be shown how to verify your set up. By the end of the course, you'll have mastered security on Linux systems.
By the end of the course, you’ll be one step ahead of hackers by discovering and patching your network vulnerabilities as well as performing professional-level web penetration testing!
About the Authors
- Aubrey Love II has been designing and developing websites for over 10+ years. He started off with a Commodore Vic20, on which he designed his first Hello World app at the age of 7. After attending several colleges and universities, he moved on and started his own website firm, in which he caters to all types of company, from startup ventures to Fortune 500 organizations.
- Tajinder Kalsi has more than 9 years of working experience in the field of IT. He has conducted seminars all across India, on topics such as information security and Android application development at more than 120 colleges, teaching more than 10,000 students. Apart from training, he has also worked on VAPT projects for various clients. When talking about certifications, Tajinder is an ISO 2700 LA and also IBM certified analyst. Prior to this course, Tajinder authored Practical Linux Security Cookbook, published by Packt Publishing. He has also authored three video courses with Packt: Getting Started with Pentesting, Finding and Exploiting Hidden Vulnerabilities, and Pentesting Web Applications.
- Marc “van Hauser” Heuse started to be interested in IT security in 1993. He founded one of the world's oldest security research communities—The Hacker's Choice (www. thc. org)—and is the author of several well-known security tools such as hydra, amap, thc-ipv6, THC-SCAN, SuSE firewall, and many others. From 1998 to 2007 he worked for SuSE, hardened the Linux distribution, and built-up the security team. Today he is an independent consultant and security researcher. Just for fun, he records training courses on how to secure Linux servers.
- Prior knowledge of Linux is assumed
- Basic understanding of Linux commands will be useful (Not Mandatory).