In this course you will learn the fundamentals of playing well together in a band. Implement and practice what you learn and you will on your way to playing better and tighter as a band. We are going to cover a lot of ground and move pretty quickly, so play, pause, rewind, and repeat often! Perfect practice makes perfect, and of course, HAVE FUN!
Don't miss "10 Truths You Need To Know about Playing in a Band" -our e-report on the top ten "truths" that we think you need to know about forming, managing, playing, staying in a band!
To top it all off, we've prepared a final project to walk you through the steps of organizing your band in a way that will meet everyone's goals. Following the steps in this project will help you to develop a strategic plan for getting your band in the clubs, on the road, on the labels, or wherever you want to be. We don't guarantee success, but we do give you the "pro" tips and tools you need to give your band the edge. We want to help you succeed anyway we can, and we think this course is a great place to start!
- This course will not teach you to play any instrument
- Students should already know how to play their instruments at least at an intermediate level
- This course WILL teach students to play their instruments better together with their band-mates
- Students should be somewhat familiar with basic music theory elements
- You do not need to know how to read music for this course, although there are elements of the course that include sheet music