Want to learn Python "on the job" whilst building an exciting course project? This course is for you!
This is a highly practice-oriented Python course that teaches you Python from scratch - no prior programming experience required!
Python is probably THE most trending programming language you can learn these days!
It's very popular because it's easy to learn and use, runs on all operating systems and allows you to build a broad variety of programs: Be that web applications, desktop applications, utility scripts or using it for data science and machine learning.
In this course, you'll learn Python from scratch - and you'll do so whilst building your own Blockchain and Cryptocurrency. These are of course also highly trending topics and not a lot of people understand what a Blockchain really is. As a nice side-effect, you will know how a Blockchain works once you completed this course. It's an exciting course project that allows you to learn and apply Python to something you know and you can use.
As written above, Python is both easy-to-use and extremely versatile and powerful at the same time. Certainly not the worst combination. If you check it on Google trends (and compare it to other programming languages), you'll see that it's very popular these days.
It's being used by almost any important company - be that Google, Amazon or Facebook. It's used to run web applications, scripts, desktop programs and machine learning algorithms. This course sets the basics for all these use-cases!
I believe that you learn something best if you directly apply it to a real-world project. And the Blockchain technology is an exciting trend which is there to stay. In this course, you'll learn a lot about the core concepts of the Blockchain and you'll see how Python can be used for the many aspects that make up a Blockchain and Cryptocurrency.
In my opinion, a perfect course project is challenging, interesting, something you know from real-life but also not overly complex. And that's all the case for the Blockchain! It poses some nice challenges where a lot of different Python features can be used to overcome them. It also is something we hear about all the time and yet no one knows how it works. And we can dive into the core Blockchain concepts without spending 100+ hours working on it.
Who's teaching you?
My name is Maximilian Schwarzmüller and I'm a freelance developer. My focus is on web development but I've been working with Python for many years. It's actually one of the first languages I started with when I was 13. I'm the creator of many 5 star bestseller courses here on Udemy and I love diving into new technologies. That's why I had to dive into this whole Blockchain thing when it became more popular and why I chose it as a project for this course.
I can't wait to welcome you on board of this course and I hope you'll enjoy it just as much as I did creating it! :-)
What's in the course?
Great question! Here's a brief summary:
- A summary of Python and the Blockchain technology
- All the base Python syntax you need to know (variables, operators, functions, )
- Loops and conditional statements
- More complex data structures like tuples or dictionaries
- A closer look at built-in functions and the standard library Python ships with
- String manipulation
- How to work with files
- Error handling
- Object-oriented programming with classes and inheritance
- Internal & external modules (packages)
- How to spin up an Http server with the Flask package
- Handling Http requests (sending & receiving)
- And more!
What are the course prerequisites?
- NO prior programming knowledge is required
- Very basic knowledge about how a computer works will help you though (but can also be built up whilst you're going through the course)
Is this course for you?
It's for you if
- You want to get into programming => Python is a great "first language" since it's easy to learn and very versatile
- You want to broaden your horizon => Are you a web developer? Want to learn something new? Here you go!
- You're interested in Python for web development => This course will teach you Python in general but there are two modules where we'll also dive into web development a bit
- You're interested in the Blockchain technology => You'll learn the core concepts of it as a side-effect of this course!
- You know Python but want to practice it => The course project is challenging and taken from real-life - there probably is no better practice
Does that sound good to you? I'd be honoured to welcome you in this course! :-)
- NO prior programming language is required
- You can use whatever operating system you want - macOS, Linux or Windows: It's all covered
- Students can take advanced Python courses and build real projects with it
- Students may build upon the Python and Blockchain knowledge gained in this course and start working on their own Blockchain
- Students can dive into Web Development or Data Science with Python
Bundling the courses and know how of successful instructors, Academind strives to deliver high quality online education.
Online Education, Real-Life Success - that's what Academind stands for. Learn topics like web development, data analyses and more in a fun and engaging way.
Currently, you can find courses published by Maximilian Schwarzmüller and Manuel Lorenz, more instructors to come!
Experience as (Web) Developer
Starting out at the age of 13 I never stopped learning new programming skills and languages. Early I started creating websites for friends and just for fun as well. Besides web development I also explored Python and other non-web-only languages. This passion has since lasted and lead to my decision of working as a freelance web developer and consultant. The success and fun I have in this job is immense and really keeps that passion burningly alive.
Starting web development on the backend (PHP with Laravel, NodeJS, Python) I also became more and more of a frontend developer using modern frameworks like React, Angular or VueJS 2 in a lot of projects. I love both worlds nowadays!
As a self-taught developer I had the chance to broaden my horizon by studying Business Administration where I hold a Master's degree. That enabled me to work in a major strategy consultancy as well as a bank. While learning, that I enjoy development more than these fields, the time in this sector greatly improved my overall experience and skills.
Experience as Instructor
As a self-taught professional I really know the hard parts and the difficult topics when learning new or improving on already-known languages. This background and experience enables me to focus on the most relevant key concepts and topics. My track record of many 5-star rated courses, more than 700,000 students on Udemy as well as a successful YouTube channel is the best proof for that.
Whether working as development instructor or teaching Business Administration I always received great feedback. The most rewarding experience is to see how people find new, better jobs, build awesome web applications, acquire amazing projects or simply enjoy their hobby with the help of my content.
Together with Manuel Lorenz, I founded Academind to offer the best possible learning experience to our more than 800,000 students.