Here is a review from one of my students: Barbara
"I have lost track of how many courses I have taken with Rosa but my playing has improved and I am so excited to keep learning more & more with her. Each course goes deeper into what we need to know and makes playing beautiful music easier. Rosa has the God given gift of being a very gentle teacher. It's fun to learn with her and as you watch the videos it's almost as if she is in the room with you. If it is your goal to enjoy playing the piano let Rosa help you reach that goal. Thanks Rosa, we appreciate you."
Additional Comments from Inside the course:
You have given us so much information in this course and I see you are still adding more. I feel like I am in college and my Major is Music. :)
Learn Piano Level 5 - Intermediate Level - Learn Music Harmony and Reharmonize a basic song to more sophisticated music composition.
Do you know how to add drama to your playing with one trick?
Here's the Secret: In a Key, we know there is only one dominant Chord. Did you know that you can put in more Dominant Chords into your arrangement? It is these extra dominant chords that create beautiful music that you hear in popular songs, standards and movie songs. They are called "Secondary Dominant Chords". These chords create excitement in your song arrangement. They add interesting color, build tension, give surprises and drama to your piano playing. They provide a lot of motion in music that if you know how to put them in, your piano playing will not sound like a PRO! No more boring music and piano playing.
In this course, you are going to learn how to 25 Music Tips regarding Secondary Dominant Chords & 8 Piano Tips to play walking basses:
- Learn to turn all boring basic arrangement to a beautiful arrangement with colorful sounds.
- Learn how to creatively add excitement and drama to your playing.
- Find out how to harmonize a song using chords that ourside the home key
- Understand how to put in extra dominant chords itno your arrangement
- Understand advanced music regarding secondary dominant chords that are outside the home key
- Find an easier way to notate secondary dominant chords easily
- Understand complex music harmony in a FOCUSED way
- As a bonus, you also get to know some piano tips to add in drama and movement by learning walking basses
- Have fun rocking and swing your basses
- Learn how to dynamically put in walking basses in contrary motion
- Get the Thumb trick to play like a drummer!
Topics of the Course:
Piano Music Tip 1: G7 - One Primary Dominant Chord in C Key
Piano Music Tip 2: There are 5 Secondary Dominant Chords in C Key
Piano Music Tip 3: Secondary Dominant: V7/V7
Piano Music Tip 4: Secondary Dominant: V7/ii7
Piano Music Tip 5: Secondary Dominant: V7/vi7
Piano Music Tip 6: Secondary Dominant: V7/iii7
Piano Music Tip 7: Secondary Dominant: V7/IV
Piano Music Tip 8: Learn to write Secondary Dominants with One Roman Numeral
Piano Music Tip 9: V7/V7 = II7
Piano Music Tip 10: V7/ii7 = VI7
Piano Music Tip 11: V7/vi7 = III7
Piano Music Tip 12: V7/iii7 = VII7
Piano Music Tip 13: V7/IV = I7
Piano Music Tip 14: C7 to F
Piano Music Tip 15: D7 to G7
Piano Music Tip 16: A7 to D7
Piano Music Tip 17: E7 to A7
Piano Music Tip 18: B7 to E7
Piano Music Tip 19: Secondary Dominant Chord Progression: II7 V7 I
Piano Music Tip 20: Secondary Dominant Chord Progression: VI7 II7 V7 I
Piano Music Tip 21: Secondary Dominant Chord Progression: I7 IV
Piano Music Tip 22: Song application to Away In A Manger: D7 G7 C
Piano Music Tip 23: Song application to Away In A Manger: A7 D7 G7 C
Piano Music Tip 24: Song application to Away In A Manger: C7 F
Piano Music Tip 25: Combining all 5 Levels of Reharmonization to Away In A Manger
Piano Techniques on Walking Bass
Piano Tip 1: Apply Piano Techniques to Basic Chords Movement
Piano Tip 2: Find the places that you can apply the Walking Basses
Piano Tip 3: Walking Bass - Going Up - C to F, C to G7
Piano Tip 4: Walking Bass - Going Down - G7 to C
Piano Tip 5: Contrary Motion in Walking Basses
Piano Tip 6: Rock the Octaves to Create More Walking Bass Drama
Piano Tip 7: Swing the Octaves to Create More Walking Bass Drama
Piano Tip 8: Finger Trick - Thumb acts as a Octave drum
Rosa's Online School:
Teaching 93 Courses on Music & Piano Courses!
OVER 74,000 Successful students have already taken my online courses since July 2014 with many 5 Star Reviews
About Rosa's online course at Udemy:
- Over 74,000 very happy students already in my Udemy classes
- See the 5 Star Reviews from VERY satisfied students
- You get free lifetime access
- All videos are at your finger tips to watch anytime & anywhere
- All future extra lectures and upgrades are always free
- Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee and that's my personal promise to your success!
- Join this happy family of students
- basic chords
- read melody lines
- understand secondary dominant chords
- distinguish between primary and secondary dominant chords
- learn how to notate the secondary dominant chords easily
- understand the Roman Numerals of the Secondary Dominant Chords
- Learn how to primary dominant chord is related to the secondary dominant chord
- Learn how to create drama and excitement by putting in these secondary dominant chords
- Learn an easy way to use the Circle of 5ths to put in these secondary dominant chords
- Learn the walking basses techniques to put in more drama into piano playing
Rosa is the Pastor and Church Pianist for a local community church in Hong Kong for over 30 years. She graduated from University of British Columbia and received her teaching certificate specializing in Chemistry and teaching English as a second language. She taught public schools in Canada for a couple of years and then went on to receive her Master's degree in Christian Theological Ministry at Ontario Theological Seminary in Toronto. She started full time ministry with her husband in 1989 and received intensive Pastoral Counselling and Discipleship Training at Christian Disciples Church. They were ordained to become church ministers as Pastors in 1996 in a local church in Tsuen Wan and have been ministering to this same congregation for more than 20 years now.
Over the years, she has gone on church missions to Mongolia, Sydney, Nepal, India and expedition trips to the Holy Lands: Israel, Greece and Turkey. Wherever she went, she found herself taking up the music ministry and became the church pianist for that church.
Many people at church have asked her to teach them to play piano. As a result of her passion in playing piano, she started developing piano courses initially for church pianists online since 2008. The piano courses are very unique because she was finally willing to share her Unique Piano Method: Color Chord Improvisation Method known as CCI. The CCI method works for all types of music: Gospel, Pop and Standards.
This Piano Method is easy, fun and creative that you learn to play piano not only from music score sheets, but to play chords from fake books and eventually to play by ear. Students all over the world have requested for courses to teach them play standards and popular songs. As a result she developed 3 Great Reharmonization Method courses for them to play from fake books and play by ear. The Dreamy Piano Techniques courses, especially the one on Autumn Leaves is her students favorite. She has a piano website at Learn Piano With Rosa where she continues to offer new courses to her students. She also holds piano workshops for her local students and train church pianists.
With her education and expertise in teaching, her students love her piano courses and found her piano lessons extremely easy and fun to play piano. They are highly motivated to play piano and playing piano had never been more fun and satisfying for them. You can read their testimonies on her website.
She is now an instructor at Udemy. Come and join her hundreds of students to play piano in a fun and creative way.