Here is a review from one of my students: Barbara
"I have lost track of how many courses I have taken with Rosa but my playing has improved and I am so excited to keep learning more & more with her. Each course goes deeper into what we need to know and makes playing beautiful music easier. Rosa has the God given gift of being a very gentle teacher. It's fun to learn with her and as you watch the videos it's almost as if she is in the room with you. If it is your goal to enjoy playing the piano let Rosa help you reach that goal. Thanks Rosa, we appreciate you."
Learn Piano Level 2 - Learn Intermediate Music Harmony & 19 Fun Piano Ballads to play like a PRO!
- Do you want an easy method to play 4-tone chords without boring drills & practice?
- All you need is a little music theory of how to add: 6th, 7th & 9th
- Learn my 4T6 Handshape weapon to automatically gives you 4 tones in the RH & LH to do beautiful water sounds.
- Are you stuck with boring LH accompaniment? Learn my 10+ Piano Tips on Ballad variations for the 10th color tone.
- Is "Quartals" a mystery to you? I have a Bonus Section that will break the secret code for you so that you can start playing Quartal Open Sound immediately!
Here's the Secret: By using a 4T6 Handshape, you can easily put in the 6th, 7th, and 9th color tones. Professional musicians always play Left Hand Ballads beyond an octave to get the 9th and 10th color tones in their accompaniment. That's how you hear the nostalgic mood and the New Age sound just moving the color tones around.
TWO MAJOR SECTIONS:
Part 1: Music Theory
1. What are color chords?
2. Adding the 'extra' note to Basic Triad - 4 Tone Chord
3. Upper Chord Extensions - 9, 11, 13
4. 4 Tone Chord - C: C6, CM7, CM9, C6/9
5. 4 Tone Chord - F: F6, FM7, FM9, F6/9
6. 4 Tone Chord - G: G7, G9
7. Do Color Chord Substitutions to Basic Chords: C, F, G
8. Apply Color Chord Substitutions to Away In A Manger
9. 10th Color Tone - Use by Left Hand
Part 2: Piano Techniques
1. Piano Tip 1: Secret Handshape 4T6 - RH Plays 4 tones automatically
2. Piano Tip 2: 4T6 Color Tones moving 1 step or 1/2 step
3. Piano Tip 3: Left Hand plays 10th Color Tone
4. Piano Tip 4: Left Hand plays 1 -5- 10 Open 10th Harmony
5. Piano Tip 5: Left Hand Plays Rocking 10
6. Piano Tip 6: Ballad 9 with Thumb Trick stopping at 9
7. Piano Tip 7: Change the Order of 9th & 10th tone to get New Age Sound
8. Piano Tip 8: Use Walking Thumb to play New Age Sound
9. Piano Tip 9: Create Nostalgic Sound - Finger tricks of L3 + L1 playing 9th & 10th
10. Piano Tip 10: Finger Trick L3 to Cross Over to play color tones
11. Piano Tip 11: Finger Trick L3 to Cross Over 2 Octaves
12. Piano Tip 12: Ascending Arp - Use 2 Movement & Move Entire Hand
13. Piano Tip 13: Ballad Hop Filler - The Magic tones of Repeating 3 + 5
14. Piano Tip 14. Use C6 Color Chord to create water sounds
15. Piano Tip 15: Finger Thumb Trick - On Note E Always
16. Piano Tip 16. Waterfall Run - Both Hands play C6
17. Piano Tip 17: Finger Trick & Eye focus
18. Piano Tip 18: Rosa's Insider Tips to Play Quartals Easily
19. Piano Tip 19: Circle Tip to Understand Quartals
This course concentrates on giving you a variety of creative way to put in color tones with your left hand and right hand. You need to learn some finger tricks to know where to concentrate when you create the beautiful colorful sounds.
Have fun playing Away In A Manger in a creative way sounding like a professional with all those color tones!
Rosa's Online School:
Teaching 93 Courses on Music & Piano Courses!
OVER 74,000 Successful students have already taken my online courses since July 2014 with many 5 Star Reviews
About Rosa's online course at Udemy:
- Over 74,000 very happy students already in my Udemy classes
- See the 5 Star Reviews from VERY satisfied students
- You get free lifetime access
- All videos are at your finger tips to watch anytime & anywhere
- All future extra lectures and upgrades are always free
- Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee and that's my personal promise to your success!
- Join this happy family of students
- Need to know basic chords
- Have the basic foundation of Reharmonization Method 1 Level 1
- harmonize a song with color tones
- play 4 tone chord on the right hand
- add the 6th color tone to Major chords
- add the 7th color tone to Major chords
- add the 9th color tone to Major chords
- add the 9th color tone to Dominant chords
- add the 9th color tone on the Left Hand
- add the 10th color tone on the Right Hand
- be able to create Quartal open sound easily
Rosa is the Pastor and Church Pianist for a local community church in Hong Kong for over 30 years. She graduated from University of British Columbia and received her teaching certificate specializing in Chemistry and teaching English as a second language. She taught public schools in Canada for a couple of years and then went on to receive her Master's degree in Christian Theological Ministry at Ontario Theological Seminary in Toronto. She started full time ministry with her husband in 1989 and received intensive Pastoral Counselling and Discipleship Training at Christian Disciples Church. They were ordained to become church ministers as Pastors in 1996 in a local church in Tsuen Wan and have been ministering to this same congregation for more than 20 years now.
Over the years, she has gone on church missions to Mongolia, Sydney, Nepal, India and expedition trips to the Holy Lands: Israel, Greece and Turkey. Wherever she went, she found herself taking up the music ministry and became the church pianist for that church.
Many people at church have asked her to teach them to play piano. As a result of her passion in playing piano, she started developing piano courses initially for church pianists online since 2008. The piano courses are very unique because she was finally willing to share her Unique Piano Method: Color Chord Improvisation Method known as CCI. The CCI method works for all types of music: Gospel, Pop and Standards.
This Piano Method is easy, fun and creative that you learn to play piano not only from music score sheets, but to play chords from fake books and eventually to play by ear. Students all over the world have requested for courses to teach them play standards and popular songs. As a result she developed 3 Great Reharmonization Method courses for them to play from fake books and play by ear. The Dreamy Piano Techniques courses, especially the one on Autumn Leaves is her students favorite. She has a piano website at Learn Piano With Rosa where she continues to offer new courses to her students. She also holds piano workshops for her local students and train church pianists.
With her education and expertise in teaching, her students love her piano courses and found her piano lessons extremely easy and fun to play piano. They are highly motivated to play piano and playing piano had never been more fun and satisfying for them. You can read their testimonies on her website.
She is now an instructor at Udemy. Come and join her hundreds of students to play piano in a fun and creative way.