PIANO FOR BEGINNERS: Learn Basic Music Harmony to harmonize a song with Basic Chords & 14 Improvisational Piano Tips for your Right Hand!
- Have you ever wanted to know how to harmonize a song from scratch?
- Do you have a method to harmonize a song?
- Use my Easy Reharmonization Method!
Here's the Secret: You need to have a good firm foundation of music theory so that you can build color chords onto them. You will learn how to harmonize a song using 3 Basic Chords.
This course covers 7 aspects of Basic Music Theory and 14 Piano Tips to Right Hand Improvisation to the song Away In A Manger.
Another Piano Tip: Piano students have difficulty playing color tones with basic triad chords. In this course, I teach you 2T6 and 3T6 Secret Handshapes so that you can even add color tones to basic triad chords.
3 Bonus Videos for Total Beginners who want to Read Music Quickly
There are 2 Major Sections to this Course:
1. Basic Music Theory
a. Song Structure
b. Musical Form
c. Musical Pattern
d. 7 Diatonic Chords
e. Basic Triad Chords
f. How To Quickly Read Music
g. Harmony Rule to Harmonize a song with Chord I, IV, V7
h. Harmonize Away In A Manger with Chord I, IV, V7
2. Practical PIano Techniques for Right Hand Improvisation
This course concentrates on giving you a variety of creative way to improvise with your right hand. You need to learn how to make good use of your fingers, especially the middle finger: R3
1. Piano Tip 1: 5 Finger Trick - One tone melody
2. Piano Tip 2: R3 Finger Slide Trick to make Bluesy sounds
3. Piano Tip 3: R1 - R3 Finger Trick - Melody in 3rds.
4. Piano Tip 4: Roll the Melody in 3rds & Echo
5. Piano Tip 5: R3 Finger Trick to create Mordant Triplet
6. Piano Tip 6: R3 Finger to create 5 Note Turn
7. Piano Tip 7: Secret Handshape of 2T6 to play Melody in 6ths easily
8. Piano Tip 8: Roll the 6ths
9. Piano Tip 9: R1 Thumb Trick to mix Melody in 3rds and 6ths
10. Piano Tip 10: Secret Handshape of 3T6 to splash in color tones
11. Piano Tip 11: Easy Techniques to Play Chord Inversions
12. Piano Tip 12: Rosa's Secret Technique of Transfer Chord
13. Piano Tip 13: Add a Tag to the ending of the Song - Amen Chord
14. Piano Tip 14: Easy F Key and Chord Inversions
Have fun playing Away In A Manger in a creative way improvising around the melody tones.
Rosa's Online School:
Teaching 93 Courses on Music & Piano Courses!
OVER 74,000 Successful students have already taken my online courses since July 2014 with many 5 Star Reviews
About Rosa's online course at Udemy:
- Over 74,000 very happy students already in my Udemy classes
- See the 5 Star Reviews from VERY satisfied students
- You get free lifetime access
- All videos are at your finger tips to watch anytime & anywhere
- All future extra lectures and upgrades are always free
- Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee and that's my personal promise to your success!
- Join this happy family of students
- "Re" means again
- Harmonization - using principles of music harmony.
- A love to play piano
- You want to make a start to play piano
- You have never taken piano lessons and this is a good start for you
- a keyboard or a piano
- Learn Basic Music Theory
- Basic Harmonization to a Song
- Chords Movement between Chord I, IV, V7
- Learn how to start improvising with your Right Hand
- Learn how to use your fingers in the Right Hand to make creative sounds
- Learn to listen to the different sounds of chord progression in a song
- Make a little change in the finger and you hear beautiful sounds
- Add 3rds and 6ths to melody tones
- Know how to harmonize a song with chords
Rosa is the Pastor and Church Pianist for a local community church in Hong Kong for over 30 years. She graduated from University of British Columbia and received her teaching certificate specializing in Chemistry and teaching English as a second language. She taught public schools in Canada for a couple of years and then went on to receive her Master's degree in Christian Theological Ministry at Ontario Theological Seminary in Toronto. She started full time ministry with her husband in 1989 and received intensive Pastoral Counselling and Discipleship Training at Christian Disciples Church. They were ordained to become church ministers as Pastors in 1996 in a local church in Tsuen Wan and have been ministering to this same congregation for more than 20 years now.
Over the years, she has gone on church missions to Mongolia, Sydney, Nepal, India and expedition trips to the Holy Lands: Israel, Greece and Turkey. Wherever she went, she found herself taking up the music ministry and became the church pianist for that church.
Many people at church have asked her to teach them to play piano. As a result of her passion in playing piano, she started developing piano courses initially for church pianists online since 2008. The piano courses are very unique because she was finally willing to share her Unique Piano Method: Color Chord Improvisation Method known as CCI. The CCI method works for all types of music: Gospel, Pop and Standards.
This Piano Method is easy, fun and creative that you learn to play piano not only from music score sheets, but to play chords from fake books and eventually to play by ear. Students all over the world have requested for courses to teach them play standards and popular songs. As a result she developed 3 Great Reharmonization Method courses for them to play from fake books and play by ear. The Dreamy Piano Techniques courses, especially the one on Autumn Leaves is her students favorite. She has a piano website at Learn Piano With Rosa where she continues to offer new courses to her students. She also holds piano workshops for her local students and train church pianists.
With her education and expertise in teaching, her students love her piano courses and found her piano lessons extremely easy and fun to play piano. They are highly motivated to play piano and playing piano had never been more fun and satisfying for them. You can read their testimonies on her website.
She is now an instructor at Udemy. Come and join her hundreds of students to play piano in a fun and creative way.