This course walks through all the core features and concepts of JIRA with real-world examples and has been catered for general users, managers and admins. Updated as of June 2020, it incorporates and uses some of the latest features released for JIRA Software on Cloud (standard version).
Plus bonus Confluence content - learn how to use Confluence and how to take advantage of it in tandem with JIRA.
JIRA is a very comprehensive tool and one of the most popular agile project management tools out there. When used and configured correctly, it will help you work smarter, faster and more efficiently.
WHY TAKE THE COURSE:
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE:
Bottom line is that I tried to make this course a comprehensive guide to Jira that anyone would need to either get introduced to JIRA or get fully up to speed with the basic concepts and features. I feel the best way of learning something is by example. And so I put in a lot of content explaining the features and concepts with examples and am continuously working on adding more examples and scenarios to share my experience and knowledge in using JIRA within the real world.
I'll be here to help answer any questions you might have along the way.
- There is no pre-requisite knowledge required to take this course.
- If you're looking to practice or follow along with the videos, you would need access to a Jira Cloud instance via a web browser
- Understand what JIRA is, benefits of JIRA and how to use JIRA
- Understand Scrum - the stakeholders, events and overall flow of work
- Understand Kanban flow of work
- Use JIRA as a user working within an agile team - creating, working on and searching for issues, customizing dashboards etc.
- Use JIRA as a manager of an agile team - configuring agile boards, managing the backlog, sprints and releases etc.
- Administer all aspects of JIRA - create users, groups, set permissions, configure issue types, screens, fields, workflows etc.
- Use examples presented in this course to customize and use JIRA based on your own unique needs
- Get ideas (through examples presented in the course) on how JIRA can be utilized for different scenarios or situations
- Learn the basics of Confluence
- Learn how you can use both JIRA and Confluence together to work better and be more productive in general
I have been a Product Manager at a startup for several years. With that, I've become passionate about tools that improve the work space and help startups, or any company for that matter move faster. It only made sense to share my experience, successes, even failures and general knowledge that I've gained cause I know that sharing and teaching only results in even more learning. So here's to productivity and learning.