Terraform has gained a lot in popularity lately and is the tool you need to master if you are or about to get into a Ops / DevOps role. You typically use a technology like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet to automate the provisioning of software. Terraform starts from the same principle, infrastructure as code, but focusses on the automation of the infrastructure itself. Your whole Cloud infrastructure (instances, volumes, networking, IPs) can be described in terraform.
In this course you'll learn how to use terraform to automate your infrastructure. I will first show you the basics of terraform and will then explain how to automate infrastructure on AWS using terraform. You can open an AWS account for free to do the labs. I also provide a lot of code examples which you can immediately use to automate your own infrastructure.
- Added AWS Autoscaling lectures
- Added Terraform+Packer Jenkins integration lectures
- Added Terraform with Docker on AWS (ECR and ECS)
- Added Terraform with Jenkins workflow using ECR and ECS
- Added a lecture about useful terraform commands
- Added a demo on how to use terraform show/graph/taint/untaint/import
- Added a lecture and demo about Elastic Beanstalk on AWS
- Terraform for Windows setup + puttygen
- Built-in functions
- Module development with an ECS + ALB module demo
- Setting up a hosted Kubernetes cluster using AWS EKS
- Terraform-0.12 updates
- Lectures covering new variable approach in terraform-0.12
- For & For Each loops
- CodePipeline lectures
- Updated lectures with new AWS UI
- Updated jenkins-packer-demo demo
This course includes english captions.
- To be able to do the demos yourself, you should have an AWS account. You can open one for free and I explain how to open one in the course.
- Understand, use and apply terraform
- Know when to use different features
- Use terraform with AWS
- Use terraform with Packer to create custom images
- Be able to apply DevOps techniques using terraform
I've been a System Administrator and full stack developer for over 10 years, the typical profile for a DevOps engineer. I've been working in multiple organizations and startups. I've cofounded a startup that focusses on applying DevOps and Cloud. I have been training people in newer technologies, like Big Data. I've trained a lot of people working in FTSE 100 & S&P 100 companies. Today I mainly work together with companies to improve their software delivery processes, while coaching and teaching on platforms like Udemy.