Note: Course updated for Kali 2020
You want to learn hacking with Kali Linux but you do not know where to start? Do you find the command line confusing and intimidating? If yes, this is the perfect course for you. In this Kali Linux tutorial, we start you off with the assumption that you know absolutely nothing about Linux! Starting from scratch you will build up your knowledge on how to use Kali Linux and before you know it you will become fluent with the basic tools and commands not just in Kali, but in most Linux systems.
Completing this short, impactful course was the smartest 11 dollars I have spent this year! The material was relevant and provided a great refresher for concepts I knew about but hadn’t exercised in awhile, and it introduced to me entirely new methods for scanning and imposing hacks. I will continually come back to the course to reinforce my understanding of the material. Money well spent. - Carl Bradford
"This course was incredibly helpful and I learned a lot as a complete linux noob and am definitely more knowledgable and confident in not only the OS itself, but also the specialized Kali distro." - Olivia R. McLaughlin
The course is divided into three parts.
Part 1 - Basics
- Commands to help you navigate any Linux system
- Add/remove software and update/upgrade your system
- Archive and compress files and folders
- Use wildcards to make daily tasks easier
Part 2 - Administration
- Editing files
- Configuring and managing services
- Managing users, groups and permissions
- Chaining multiple commands for greater effect
Part 3 - Hacking
- Download a minimal Linux and build it from scratch
- Hack it with Kali Linux!
Part 4 - Shells
- Understanding bind shells
- Understanding reverse shell
- Understanding web shells
Part 5 - Hacking Like The Bad Guys
- Exploiting replicas of real life vulnerabilities
- Getting access and creating backdoors
- Stealing credit card information
By the end of the course you will have the skills to:
Please note that this course builds up on some ethical hacking concepts taught in the Hacking For Beginners ethical hacking course. This is another course provided by Hackers Academy
"This is what was required to start using kali linux for ethical hacking purpose i'm really thankful to the author and the udemy team to provide me and other n00bs like me a free platform where we can learn basics. To all other folks don't wait to enroll if you're new to linux. This guy is a genius" - Syed Mohammad Raza
- Basic understanding of concepts such as IP addresses, NAT, client, server etc.
- Basic understanding of ethical hacking concepts such as ports scanning, vulnerability scanning etc.
- Desire to become and ethical hacker and willingness to learn and persevere
- Perform basic to advanced tasks in Kali Linux
- Hack your way through multiple customized targets
- Learn how the good guys hack and how the bad guys hack (and get your hands on the credit cards!)
- Understand how native Linux commands can be used by hackers
- Build up a Linux target from scratch to hack with Kali Linux
- A lot more!
Hackers Academy is an online community that teaches ethical hacking courses for tens of thousands of students all around the world.
Start from the beginner levels and build your skills to become one of the best. Learn ethical hacking, Kali Linux, WiFi hacking, Web hacking and a lot more.
We welcome everyone to join our family of hackers whether you're an expert or a newbie.