The course (recommended by Upwork in the article about top 20 fastest-growing skills on Upwork in Q2 2019) provides technical IT basics overview specifically with the angle relevant to recruiters, namely: what to pay attention to on the resumes, what criteria to use in selection, how to conduct an effective technical interview using the IT knowledge fundamentals provided in this course. The course gives the general technical understanding of the IT field with the focus on recruitment needs:
- most common job titles and technologies associated with them;
- principles of software development;
- techniques to screen a resume, analyze a job requirement and conduct a technical interview;
The course will be useful for people looking to start their career as IT recruiters, junior technical recruiters looking to expand their knowledge as well as recruiters from other areas who would like to start working in IT recruitment.
Bonus lectures: advanced IT for recruiters.
- Beginner level, however some technical acumen would be helpful since I am trying to speak the same "jargon" as your future IT candidates.
- The course is recorded in a low speed to allow taking notes. If not required, please consider increasing the speed. Some sound disruptions are possible