China has grown to become the world’s second largest economy in the last several decades. In this history course, you will learn about the governing practice and ideology of the Communist Party of China during their economic growth.
This course is an introduction to the theoretical system of socialism with Chinese characteristics and mainly consists of three points:
- Deng Xiaoping theory
- The important thought of "Three Represents”, which is a guiding socio-political theory
- Scientific outlook on China’s economic development
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- The primary stage of socialism
- The Essence of Socialism and the General Task of Building Socialism with Chinese Characteristics
- Socialist theory of reform and opening up
- Theory of achieving complete reunification of China
- Socialistic diplomacy and international strategy with Chinese characteristics
- Theory on the Leading Nucleus of Socialism with Chinese Characteristics
This course is a window into contemporary China. Open the window and enjoy the view with us.
- Essence of the theoretical system of socialism with Chinese characteristics
- Necessity, feasibility and difficulty of China's economic reform and opening up
Feng Wuzhong is an associated professor at Tsinghua University’s School of Marxism. His research focuses on the value of social development in relation to societal development, social transformations, “reform and opening-up” within the context of values such as justice, freedom, harmony, and happiness. He also serves as Deputy Supervisor of teaching faculty.
Feng has made valuable research contributions for Tsinghua’s School of Marxims with publications such as research on “harmony between virtuality and reality in a network environment,” “development as happiness,” and “concepts of reform with justice values.” Feng has compiled two textbooks, two collected works, and published 30 academic papers. He has won numerous awards for his teaching techniques, such as the highest award for a young teacher at Tsinghua University in July 2013.