In this course you will learn how the geology of ground and drilling conditions require OCTG (Oil Country Tubular Goods) with different characteristics; how tubular string design is performed; and how selected products are manufactured and tested. The following concepts will be explored:
- A brief description of the different products used in an oil well, mainly casing, tubing and their connections.
- The main characteristics of pipe body and connections. Differences between products meeting API (American Petroleum Institute) standards, proprietary steel grades and/or premium connections.
- The basics of string design and material selection.
OCTG Production Process:
- An overview of the seamless and welded pipes production processes.
- How to assure and sustain quality through the complete production process.
- During this course you will learn about:API Steel Grades.
- Proprietary Steel Grades.
- Connections: API and Premium.
- Dopeless® Technology.
- String Design and Material Selection.
- Seamless and Welded Body Manufacture.
- Finishing and Quality of tubular goods.
- TenarisUniversity is Tenaris’s corporate university, a leading supplier of tubes and related services for the world’s energy industry and certain other industrial applications.