Welcome to my course "Introduction to Music Theory" where you will learn the basic fundaments that make up music. For years, I have been a skilled and experienced player of the piano. Self-motivated and determined, I have strived to expand my knowledge on the foundation of music through the enrollment of numerous music theory and piano courses. Consequently, I now feel confident that I possess a strong understanding of music theory.
"Introduction to Music Theory" is a course that I feel really lays the foundation for any musician, at any skill level, to gain a better understanding and appreciation for the musical genre and industry. Throughout the entirety of the course, many topics will be touched upon. After enrolling in my course, I am confident that you, the student, will leave with a well-rounded and solid musical education that will prove to become imperative to your own musical career and journey.
Below is a short list of technical details:
- 40 video lectures totaling 6 hours of content, following my step-by-step music theory curriculum.
- 7 Quizzes to test your retention and knowledge.
- A complete 67 question examination to tie in all the knowledge you will have absorbed towards the end of the course.
- A custom and innovative PowerPoint presentation with original, high-quality illustrations to create a better sense of clarity and cohesiveness.
Some topics included in this course:
- Notes and Values
- The Clefs
- The Circle of Fifths
- Time Signatures
- Basic Piano Skills
- Major Scales
- Minor Scales
- Key Signatures
- Major Intervals
- Minor Intervals
- Natural, Harmonic and Melodic Minors
- Parallel and Relative Minors
- Chords and Chord Progressions
- Degree Scales
- Chord Inversions
- Seventh Chords
- Seventh Chord Inversions
- Nonharmonic Tones
- Chord Analysis
- No prior skills are required.
- A student should obtain a proper writing utensil.
- A student should obtain a manuscript notebook or scrap staff paper to take notes for this course.