Human behavior is complexand unpredictable. Or is it?
The focus of this course is methods for predicting the behavior using mathematical models. More specifically, we'll explore choice modeling in order to obtain disaggregate demand models.
Focusing on the logit model, the course covers the specification of the model, the estimation of its parameters, the validation process, andits application. Exercises using the software Biogeme are also part of its makeup. The course relies on concrete case studies with real data sets, which are provided in course content.
- The behavioral assumptions associated with disaggregate choice models
- The derivation of operational models
- The art of model specification
- The estimation of model parameters from choice data
- The testing of model specifications
- Concrete applications of the estimated models