This course is all about beginner chord progressions and simple chord-based songwriting on the piano! By teaching you the fundamentals and giving you one simple step at a time, you'll be able to write and play your own simple piano songs that you're proud of! Imagine what it will feel like to be able to sit down and compose a new song right out of thin air.
The entire course is about two hours of video, but it's split up into easy-to-digest sections. If you're a quick learner, you can get through this course as quickly as an afternoon!
I give you the tools to succeed starting with the INTRO TO CHORDS all the way to PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER: CHORDS/RHYTHM/TIME SIGNATURE. And if you EVER get stuck, I'm excited to help you get back on track.
I have a system that I would love to show you, that will make it easy to come to the piano with confidence and excitement, and to be able to make up your own chord progressions and simple songs from scratch, using chords that sound good every time!
- You need to have a piano OR a keyboard OR an app that allows you to play at least three notes at a time
- You need to WANT TO LEARN about chord progressions on the piano!
- Create simple chord-based piano songs and learn chord progressions that WORK
- Get comfortable with the same six chords that have been the foundation of your favorite pop songs
- Understand time signature and why it can completely change the feel of a song
- Create new rhythms EASILY even when you're not feeling creative
Hi! I teach about a few different topics here on Udemy. Here's some of my background:
WEBSITE CODING + DESIGN:
I love helping people save time, and my CSS course on Udemy is meant to get you up to speed quickly and without the headaches.
I've been playing piano since I was five when I was just a kid on my mother's lap just mesmerized by the keys. And even though I was classically trained, I fell in love with writing pop-type songs catchy rhythmic piano-based songs that got caught in your head. I love to teach, so this is just another step in the many years of my piano career.
I hope you learn so much from my courses.
And most importantly have fun, because that's what will truly help you become a better player, because you will keep coming back to the piano time and time again.