June 2020 Update: Due to the coronavirus outbreak, managers are now forced to lead their remote employees as they work from home. This course will give you the tools & tactics you need to manage and lead your remote workers during this time.
Over 16,000+ managers have taken this course with successful results
Start managing your virtual team more effectively today.
This course is packed with step-by-step tactics that help you discover the psychological secrets of persuasion & communication that influence your virtual team members to do what you want them to do.
You'll also build trust and accountability without wasting time on useless technology tools, frustrating meetings or countless back & forth emails.
Virtual teams are the future
If you manage a virtual team today, then you'll probably continue to do so for the rest of your career.
If you don't, then you probably will soon.
Learning how to manage people you don't see face-to-face is an important skill that you need regardless of what industry you're in. The coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) has also accelerated the need for managing people who work from home, as telecommuting became the norm.
With "How to Manage & Influence Your Virtual Team" you will learn the psychological secrets of persuasion and communication that influence your virtual team members to do what you need them to do.
The course will also help you increase the level of trust and accountability among your team members while reducing the time you spend on frustrating meetings, useless technology tools, and back-and-forth emails.
At the end of each lecture in the course, you'll get specific, actionable steps that you can implement immediately.
In addition, you'll also get downloadable sample scripts and templates that you can simply copy & paste and use with your own virtual team.
The course contains the following sections:
- The Psychology of Communication in Virtual Teams: Psychological strategies to effectively communicate with your team and reduce ambiguity and miscommunication
- Principles of Behavior Change: Four strategic principles that will change your team's behavior to get things done
- Tactics of Influence & Persuasion: Step-by-step tactics that influence your team members to do what you need them to do
- Managing Virtual Meetings Effectively: How to have fewer meetings while increasing their effectiveness at the same time
- Choosing and Evaluating the Right Technology: A simple framework to choose and evaluate the right technology tools to use with your virtual teams
- Building Trust in Virtual Environments: A methodical blueprint to increase the level of trust among your virtual team
- Killer Email and Phone Techniques: Powerful email and phone techniques that you can use to influence your virtual team members
What is different about this course?
There are many courses on managing virtual teams. Here are three reasons why this one is different
Reason #1: Tactics, not just strategies
Most courses about virtual teams focus on high-level strategies and theories.
Very few actually give you the tactics that you need to implement those strategies.
In this course, I'll show you how to apply the management tactics to your own situation. You'll get step-by-step techniques and scripts that will save you a lot of time in managing your virtual team.
In other words, you will get answers to both those questions:
-What do I need to do?
-How do I do it?
Moreover, every video also has a “Summary of Actions" slide at the end that summarizes the course lecture for you, and tells you exactly what you need to do as a next step. Basically, you'll learn everything about virtual team management in simple steps.
Reason #2: Proven Science-based Research
For the course, I did a ton of science-based research about powerful psychological and productivity studies in the areas of influence and management.
Some of the research references include studies from the Harvard Business School, Kelley School of Business, and McKinsey Global Institute.
I also reference studies from international bestselling books such as “Influence: The Science of Persuasion," “Made to Stick," and “The Tipping Point," among others.
I've tested the findings from those references myself and selected what works and what doesn't in virtual teams.
So you will get the absolute best of the best concepts that work for you and your team.
Reason #3: Practical insights that work (not just theory)
I've been managing virtual teams for over 15 years, both as an entrepreneur and as a program manager.
In fact, I still work as a remote leader, and my full-time job is to manage virtual teams across the world to deliver highly complex projects (note: I work for Cisco Systems, but all views are my own and not those of Cisco).
Unlike most courses that are taught by professors who have studied this space from a purely theoretical view, you'll be getting a unique perspective on how to manage people remotely from someone who does this for a living.
In short, the course will help you:
- Communicate more effectively and build trust with your team
- Stop worrying about being caught up in pointless day-to-day details
- Save valuable time spent on useless meetings and back & forth emails
- Choose the right technology tools and techniques for effective team collaboration
- Influence your team to be accountable for getting tasks accomplished
NOTE for Project Management Professional (PMP) certification holders
This course qualifies for 3 Professional Development Units (PDUs) under the Project Management Institute's (PMI's) "Education" requirement. After you're done with the course, you will get a "Certificate of Completion" from Udemy, which you can use as evidence for PMI. All 3 hours can be claimed under the "Leadership" category.
"I've been managing virtual teams for three years and still found some great gems in this course! I especially liked the first three modules (Communication, Behavior Change, and Persuasion) as well as the Trust module. They added some theory and words to tactics that I'd been using in the past, and condensed some useful tips into easy actions - like the trust formula and the "good" way to answer a question." - Nina Wroniak
"I'm doing my MBA online, and although group projects feature prominently, the university gave no guidance on how to conduct virtual teamwork. I'm really glad to have taken Hassan's course, and have recommended it to other students in my program to make our group work more productive. " - Astrid Tiefholz
"This course was great because it really explained the evidence behind the tips he was giving. Each section was developed in a clear way and a clear connection to the larger goal. I am excited to implement the things I’ve learned on the team I work with." - Joy Anderson
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you are not satisfied with the course for any reason, you may return the course within 30 days of the purchase date.
Ready to Enroll?
Click on the "Buy Now" or "Enroll Now" button in the top right corner of this page and start learning how to effectively manage and influence your virtual team today.
- What the course objectives are and what you're going to learn
- Who the course is for
- What is included in the course
- An overview of the course outline and a description of each section
- An overview of the "Psychology of Communication in Virtual Teams" module
- The #1 reason why managers fail at managing virtual teams
- The importance of communication in remote team settings
- The common issues faced by virtual teams
- The main challenge of virtual teams
- The team proximity spectrum
- The pyramid of communication
- How to increase intimacy and cohesion among your team members
- Interest in managing virtual teams more effectively
- Manage a team that works from home
- Improve communication and collaboration with your virtual team
- Build trust with your team members
- Have more effective virtual meetings
- Increase accountability and engagement among the team
- Understand how to choose the right technology tools for effective collaboration
- Know exactly how to assign tasks to your team members to get things done
"Short courses for busy managers"
Hi there, my name is Hassan Osman and I've been managing projects and virtual teams for the past 15+ years.
I'm currently a Director at Cisco Systems,* where I lead Project and Program Management teams on delivering complex projects for Cisco's customers.
Previously, I was a manager at Ernst & Young, where I analyzed failing projects at Fortune 500 companies, and recommended solutions to fix them.
I was also a research assistant at Harvard University, where I studied issues related to virtual teams.
I'm an Amazon bestselling author of 4 books about team management (including "Influencing Virtual Teams," "Don't Reply All," "Project Kickoff," and "Effective Delegation of Authority"), and I hold the PMP, CSM and ITIL certifications.
Most managers don't have a lot of time to watch lengthy courses (that are usually full of fluff). So I focus on creating short courses that help busy managers become more effective leaders, without wasting their time.
I have published courses about Writing Better Emails, Delegating Effectively, Leading Virtual Meetings, and Managing and Influencing Virtual Teams.
*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed on this page and in my course are my own views and not those of Cisco