For many families today, mealtimes can be one of the most challenging parts of parenting. In the midst of conflicting nutrition claims and fad diets, the phenomenon of "picky eaters", the epidemic of food allergies and intolerances, as well as hectic lifestyles, feeding kids right can be an overwhelming task, to say the least. The good news is that this course can help you change all that and learn to create a truly healthy and timeless nutritional foundation for you and any children in your care.
Set your children up with healthy eating habits for a lifetime, and empower yourself as a caregiver.
Take this course to:
- Gain a holistic understanding of what healthy eating is all about
- Learn how to use "treats" in effective ways
- Know what kids' nutritional needs are and how to approach macro and micro nutrients in your child's diet
- Know what foods to feed your child to get them to eat healthy and be healthy
- Know how to prepare foods, meals and snacks for greatest healthy eating success
- Become aware of different food controversies that impact your children
- Experience less stress and anxiety around mealtimes with your children
- Gain confidence about your nutrition choices as a parent or guardian
Walk away equipped with numerous practical success tips for knowing how to get kids to eat healthy.
This course was created to help you take the guesswork out of healthy eating for kids and know what it truly takes to get kids to eat right. Its intention is to empower you as a parent or caregiver and help you put into action effective steps to transform your children's eating habits. As an added bonus, the many benefits of taking this course and applying what you are learning can also improve your children's behavior and your family relationships, bonds and wellbeing.
Give the children in your care one of the best gifts by optimizing their present and future health with their food.
The course will provide you with about 3 hours of video content, divided into 3 parts, 12 lectures and 9 quizzes. To help you apply what you are learning, each lesson includes a beautiful summary sheet, which you can download and/or print to have on hand and refer to regularly. Each lesson also includes some reflection questions and supporting resources like articles, film and book recommendations, as well as recipes to make this journey as practical and enjoyable for you.
Get your kids to start eating healthy today!
- An introduction about the course and your teacher
- What "healthy eating" means, as it relates to the optimal function of the human body
- What are healthy substances and activities
- What is food
- What is a treat
- A general definition of what kids should eat
- A critical success tip for making it all work
- The 3 holistic principles for healthy eating
- Optimal use of carbohydrates
- Optimal use of fats
- Optimal use of protein
- Optimal use of vitamins and minerals
- Optimal use of phytonutrients
- Optimal use of antioxidants
- Why it is important for kids to eat vegetables
- How to get kids to eat vegetables; what to do and not do
- Tips and ideas for using vegetables as part of meals and snacks
- Why it is important for kids to eat fruits
- How to get kids to eat fruits; what to do and not do
- How fruits can help kids succeed with healthy eating
- Tips and ideas for using fruits as part of meals and snacks
- Why it is important for kids to eat real grains
- How to get kids to eat real grains; what to do and not do
- How to address gluten and wheat concerns
- Tips and ideas for using real grains as part of meals and snacks
- You will require a reliable Internet connection to enjoy the lessons of this course.
- You should have access to a grocery store and kitchen.
- Know what "healthy" means, what real food is and how to use treats effectively.
- Know how to address kids' nutritional needs from a holistic perspective.
- Know what to feed kids for optimal health, growth and development.
- Prepare meals and snacks in ways that increase the chances of kids eating healthy.
- Work with optimally healthy whole-food, plant-based recipes for the whole family.
- Know what to avoid feeding kids, which decreases the likelihood of them eating healthy.
- Know how to help kids establish healthy eating habits and have a healthy relationship with their food.
- Improve mealtimes with kids and family attitudes about the role of food.
- Apply practical success tips for meals within the home, beyond the home, holidays and special occasions.
Evita Ochel is a consciousness expansion teacher who helps people optimize their wellbeing on all levels of the body, mind, and spirit. She is an expert in the areas of holistic health, optimal nutrition, sustainable living, personal evolution, metaphysics, and spirituality. She is a public speaker, web TV host, and writer who has authored hundreds of articles and several books, including "Healing & Prevention Through Nutrition." Evita is also the founder of the Healthytarian Lifestyle, based on fresh thinking, smart eating and mindful living.
Evita holds an Honors Bachelor of Science degree in the areas of Biology and Psychology, a Bachelor of Education degree specializing in Science, and is a certified Holistic Nutritionist and Yoga and Meditation teacher. Her work includes teaching, writing and researching all areas of holistic wellness. Her health-oriented teaching focuses on whole-food, plant-based nutrition, elimination of toxins, and the mind-body connection for optimal health and longevity. Her spirit-oriented teaching focuses on consciousness expansion and heart-centered living for optimal joy and inner peace. She lives by being the change she wishes to see, and helps others rise to their highest potential on every level of their being.