Discover herbs and health foods that have profound effects on the quality of your life. This course is designed for those that want to feel their best and have more energy. When you are vibrant and strong on inside, it shows on the outside.
In this course we will cover medicinal foods and herbs that have been enhancing health and quality of life for many cultures throughout history. They have been revered by long-lived sages as well as wisely incorporated into the diets of today. Even if new to you, these foods and herbs are readily available. Incorporate one new recipe into your eating habits for noticeable results. Add additional recipes as you go.
Benefits of specific herbs and health foods covered in the course:
- Endurance, stamina and energy: ginseng, burdock, lycium berry, ashwaganda, fo-ti, astragalus
- Anti-aging, antioxidants and heart health: garlic, lycium berry, sesame seeds, cocoa, cayenne, royal jelly
- Nutrient dense: spirulina, nutritional yeast, seaweed, sesame seeds, bee pollen, dandelion, molasses
We will also cover herbs and health foods for boosting brain function, immune response, and countering the harmful effects of stress.
By end of course you will be able to:
- Know which foods truly make a difference to your to health
- Create great tasting recipes loaded with a powerhouse of minerals and vitamins
- Discover new and creative ways to use superfoods for ultimate health
These remedies will easily and joyfully become a part of your everyday life.
Join me in this truly life changing course!
- There are no requirements for the course, just come with open mind and be ready to be your best
- Increase uptake of valuable nutrients and vitamins
- Enhance energy, vitality and stamina
- Increase immune function
- Decrease chances of chronic conditions such as arthritis, heart disease and cancer
- Improve digestion
- Maintain healthy skin and strong bones
- Increase brain function, memory and learning
- Calm nervousness and anxiety
- Adapt to and resist mental, physical and emotional stressors
Elizabeth Heck is the founder and Director of the Home Herb School. The school offers a complete suite of herbalism courses empowering students to build confidence in working with plant medicines.
As Udemy’s most qualified herbalism instructor, Elizabeth has a solid background in herbal medicine. She has a 25 year history as a land steward, medicinal herb grower and medicine formulator. She was the founder of Pure Dermacare, an herbal products company offering all natural, botanical-based skincare.
Elizabeth taught botanical and herbal curriculums as a naturalist at Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden for nearly a decade. She also makes speaking appearances at the top herbal conferences, teaching centers and events globally. Most notably, Elizabeth frequently presents at the International Herb Symposium which invites the most highly respected teachers from around the world, the New England Women's Herbal Conference, one of the oldest, largest and most honored herbal gatherings and the legendary Sage Mountain Herbal Retreat Center.
Elizabeth has a deep appreciation for the need of plant conservation. While on the Minnesota Native Plant Society Board of Directors for several years, Elizabeth was active in important ecological preservation programs. She has also participated in programs offered by United Plant Savers.
Beyond her degree from the University of Minnesota, Elizabeth's formal herbal training started back in the late 1990s. Education with world-renowned herbalists and botanists included:
▪️ Apprenticeship with Rosemary Gladstar
▪️ Herbal Wisdom with Lise Wolff
▪️ Intermediate and Advanced Herbalism with Matthew Wood
▪️ Extensive training with esteemed botanist, Dr. Robert Mohlenbrock
▪️ Mentoring in ethnobotanical traditions of Native American, Central American and upper Amazon cultures.
She now passes on that wisdom and experience to empower her students in the art and science of plant medicines. Elizabeth’s passion for the green world shines through as she guides students step-by-step in her best selling online herbalism courses.