Are you done with suffering from chronic discomfort from annoying digestive symptoms?
Are you ready to not be that person who is always wondering where the next cleanest bathroom is located?
If so, you've come to the right place!
I'm Erin Peisach, a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and your Gut Health Specialist. I'm the owner of Nutrition by Erin, a virtual nutrition private practice where I help clients nationwide improve their gut health through tailored diet and lifestyle interventions. I specifically work with people of all ages managing IBS, Crohn's, Colitis, GERD, SIBO, Celiac disease, and other digestive disorders. Additionally, I've experienced drastic changes in my own gut health over the years, so I know firsthand what it's like to go through all this.
I developed this course to help share my knowledge with you in a step-by-step fashion. Through the years, I've come to understand what works and what doesn't. I read the research, stay updated on current nutrition trends, and provide an honest and accurate report of how to implement nutrition guidelines. Through writing a nutrition-blog, I’ve solidified my ability to educate in easy-to-understand ways on sometimes confusing/overwhelming nutrition and health topics.
I'm excited to say this is my first Udemy course! I am a passionate educator with years of experience providing group in-person nutrition courses on a wide array of topics. I love to enhance student engagement with the material by providing numerous opportunities to take your learning into action. I encourage you to reach out to me personally at any point in the course to share questions, concerns, or insight. You’ll also have access to the course’s Facebook Support Group where graduates and current students can share tips, tricks, and love/support!
Your 30-day gut-healing journey entails 8 personalized action-steps:
1. Step 1: Self Report Card- This section allows you to reflect on how you’re doing before you dive into the course. You’ll complete a digestive-based Symptom Survey, which acts as your report-card. You’ll be able to assess your progress throughout the 30-days. You’ll also complete a Product Inventory worksheet to organize all of the supplements and medications you’re using. Lastly, you’ll start completing a food & symptom diary that you’ll keep throughout the program to stay on track and accountable.
2. Step 2: Personalized Elimination Diet Part 1- This section of course teaches you what an elimination diet is, who it helps, and why you should follow one. You’ll learn about the common food triggers for various types of digestive issues like IBS and GERD. Lastly, you’ll complete your own Food Trigger worksheet as the basis of your personalized elimination diet.
3. Step 3: Personalized Elimination Diet Part 2- This section of course helps you to put together your actual meal plan that you’ll follow through the 2-3 week elimination diet. You’ll get pro-meal planning tips and tricks so you can adhere to the diet successfully! By the end of this section, you’ll be ready to start your diet on your anticipated “start date.”
4. Step 4: Eating Behaviors- This section of course helps you identify and overcome eating behaviors that may be impairing your gut health. You’ll learn why these behaviors sabotage digestive health. You’ll complete the Eating Behaviors Self-Assessment and set SMART goals to help encourage positive behavior change.
5. Step 5: Stress Management- This section focuses on the connection between stress and gut health. You’ll complete the Stress Self-Assessment worksheet to fully understand how stress may be playing a role in your everyday life. You’ll set SMART goals to help manage your stress response in a healthy way.
6. Step 6: Healthy Body Weight & Activity- This section covers the connection between body weight (under and overweight) and your digestion. You’ll also learn about physical activity and its importance in gut healing. You’ll set SMART goals related to incorporating this essential aspect of overall health into your life.
7. Step 7: Supplements & OTC Products- This section reviews the importance of being knowledgeable about the products you take. While it’s not possible to provide all-around product recommendation to each student, you’ll gain insight into what you should use for various types of gut ailments. You’ll edit your Product Inventory worksheet to reflect your new regimen.
8. Step 8: Oral Food Challenge- This section teaches you what an oral food challenge is and how to perform one, step-by-step. This is the most important part of the course because you start understanding your body and how it responds to each of the potential triggers. After completion of your challenges, you’ll feel empowered to build a healthy-gut-maintenance diet!
This course is NOT for the person who isn't ready to make health changes. If that sounds like you, perhaps take some time to think this over before moving forward.
However, if you’re ready to make a change and feel your best, then you’re ready to jump into Heal Your Gut in 30 Days.
You are in the best hands if you suffer from a digestive disorder like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), Celiac disease, small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), or other functional bowel disorders. These are the clients I work with daily in my nutrition private practice, Nutrition by Erin, to heal and feel like new.
The holistic and comprehensive approach this course takes will, without a doubt, lead you to better health! While I can’t make any specific promises, I know for sure that focusing on nutrition and lifestyle factors within your control makes you feel healthy and empowered.
Let’s face it, you have nothing to lose by taking a month to commit to healing your gut, the root of all disease. You’ll also learn the basics of living a healthy life, meal planning, and goal setting.
I hope this course gives you hope that things can get better with a little self-love and commitment. Thank you for taking the time to explore this course.
- Be able to keep a food and symptom record for 30-days.
- Have a basic understanding of the food groups: meat/poultry, seafood, legumes, dairy, grains, nuts/seeds, fruits & vegetables.