This course is a really comprehensive guide to the Google Cloud Platform - it has ~25 hours of content and ~60 demos.
The Google Cloud Platform is not currently the most popular cloud offering out there - that's AWS of course - but it is possibly the best cloud offering for high-end machine learning applications. That's because TensorFlow, the super-popular deep learning technology is also from Google.
- Compute and Storage - AppEngine, Container Enginer (aka Kubernetes) and Compute Engine
- Big Data and Managed Hadoop - Dataproc, Dataflow, BigTable, BigQuery, Pub/Sub
- TensorFlow on the Cloud - what neural networks and deep learning really are, how neurons work and how neural networks are trained.
- DevOps stuff - StackDriver logging, monitoring, cloud deployment manager
- Security - Identity and Access Management, Identity-Aware proxying, OAuth, API Keys, service accounts
- Networking - Virtual Private Clouds, shared VPCs, Load balancing at the network, transport and HTTP layer; VPN, Cloud Interconnect and CDN Interconnect
- Hadoop Foundations: A quick look at the open-source cousins (Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive and HBase)
- Basic understanding of technology - superficial exposure to Hadoop is enough
- Deploy Managed Hadoop apps on the Google Cloud
- Build deep learning models on the cloud using TensorFlow
- Make informed decisions about Containers, VMs and AppEngine
- Use big data technologies such as BigTable, Dataflow, Apache Beam and Pub/Sub
Loonycorn is us, Janani Ravi and Vitthal Srinivasan. Between us, we have studied at Stanford, been admitted to IIM Ahmedabad and have spent years working in tech, in the Bay Area, New York, Singapore and Bangalore.
Janani: 7 years at Google (New York, Singapore); Studied at Stanford; also worked at Flipkart and Microsoft
Vitthal: Also Google (Singapore) and studied at Stanford; Flipkart, Credit Suisse and INSEAD too
We think we might have hit upon a neat way of teaching complicated tech courses in a funny, practical, engaging way, which is why we are so excited to be here on Udemy!
We hope you will try our offerings, and think you'll like them :-)