Taught by Grammy Award winning guitarist John Konesky, these fingerpicking techniques will take you from basic to advanced. They include folk style, basic chords, Travis picking, acoustic blues, and how to play in style of Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, James Taylor and other greats.
You'll learn every technique you'd ever need to master acoustic guitar, including: how to make chord changes effortlessly, adding rhythmic elements such as the chuck and rhythmic slap, a nifty little trick that lets you totally change the sound and tone of a chord with just one finger, learning hammer-on and pull-off chords, and a myriad of new chords, pseudo bar chords, strum patterns, and much more.
- You need an acoustic or electric guitar.
- Introduction to folk style techniques
- How to hold the guitar when playing fingerstyle or fingerpicking
- Beginning concepts of fingerpicking and fingerstyle guitar.
- Basic chords in the fingerstyle or fingerpicking style
- How to get optimal sound while playing this style
- Learn to play folk style songs
- Learn the Travis Picking technique pioneered by Merle Travis
- Learn techniques inspired by Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, and other greats
- How to play the beautiful orchestral sound popularized by James Taylor
- More advanced techniques in the folk and classic rock styles
Guitar Jamz has long been recognized as one of the Web's premier guitar instruction portals. Delivering lessons in a wide variety of genres andstyles such as blues, rock and soloing, it features world-renowned instructor Marty Schwartz and a well-known roster of guitar teachers. These include legendary L.A. session master Tim Pierce, John Konesky of Tenacious D fame, Brett "Papastache" Papa, and others.
Marty Schwartz alone has garnered nearly a billion views online with his various video lessons. He is known for an approachable, "user-friendly" style, as well detailed, step-by-step methods that deliver results faster than conventional teaching methods.