With the race to Microsoft Azure in full sprint mode, you need to know how to PROPERLY extend an on-prem Active Directory forest into Microsoft Azure. Otherwise, you risk getting left behind.
This 30+ lesson course is a little different from most Udemy courses you've encountered.
This course is actually a guided deployment lab that walks you through the process of connecting an on-prem network to Azure with a site-to-site VPN. It then shows you how to properly configure the Azure virtual network and Azure VM to support an on-prem Active Directory.
Lastly, this lab walks you through the process of actually extending an on-prem Active Directory forest into Microsoft Azure. The smallest minute details are covered, as are the steps to protect your Azure virtual network and Azure-based domain controller.
What You'll Learn
Students completing this lab will learn how to deploy the necessary Azure resources for an AD extension into Azure and how to perform the extension of Active Directory into Azure.
- We'll kick off the lab by deploying and securing the Azure virtual network that will host the Azure-based domain controller.
- With the Azure network provisioned and properly secured with a Network Security Group, we'll walk through the process of establishing VPN connectivity between the on-prem network and the Azure virtual network.
- Later in the lab, you'll learn how to properly configure custom DNS on the Azure virtual network so that it properly supports the on-prem Active Directory.
- With the Azure infrastructure deployed and configured, you'll learn how to deploy and configure a virtual machine in Azure. This VM will become the Azure-based domain controller for the on-prem AD.
- Wrapping up the lab, you'll learn how to correctly promote the Azure-based virtual machine to a domain controller for the on-prem AD. You'll also learn how to configure AD Sites and Services to properly reflect your new Azure site.
- A paid or trial Azure tenant/subscription
- An existing on-prem AD (dev) or an existing AD lab in Azure