Take your web dev skills out of the browser! This course will teach you the topics you need to make a #1 best-selling desktop app.
What is Electron?
Who builds desktop apps?!
In the last 10 years there has been a tremendous shift from desktop to mobile, true, but the result is that there is a huge opportunity to create desktop apps, as all other developers have shifted over to building mobile! You can easily get into the front page on the MacOS store with an app you spend a few days building - this would never happen on mobile! The last app you'll build in this course can be easily tweaked into a front-page app.
What Will You Build?
All of my courses are 'learn-by-doing': no boring endless lectures with Powerpoints, only live, interactive coding examples. In this course we'll build four separate apps with increasing complexity, each of which will profile different features of Electron. By putting each concept into a real app, you'll get a better idea of when to use each unique and powerful feature.
Both MacOS and Windows supported!
Apps you'll build:
Here's what we'll learn:
- Learn the theory and history behind Electron
- Build complex desktop applications using repeatable processes
- Assemble both classic desktop apps and 'tray-based' apps
- Add polish to your Electron apps, making them feel more native
- Sidestep the common pitfalls associated with Electron
I've built the course that I would have wanted to take when I was learning Electron. A course that explains the concepts and how they're implemented in the best order for you to learn and deeply understand them.
- Learn how to make native-feeling applications using web development technologies
- Master the intricacies of development with Electron JS
- Build applications that work well on both MacOS and Windows from a single codebase
- Develop both traditional single-window apps and status tray-based apps
- Understand how to integrate existing technologies like React and Redux into your Electron JS apps
- Build a lucrative business with desktop apps, because there is so little competition in the marketplace