"The Blues Rock Rhythm Guitar Beginner Course" is where all the must have blues guitar rhythm techniques and knowledge are laid down as a solid foundation.
This course will concentrate on the structure and system that lays behind the blues in respect of rhythm techniques, formats and timing.
It is written for the real world player who will be able to put all the knowledge to real world use in a jam night/band format .
The structure of the 12 bar blues is looked at and explained in depth, as is rhythm playing in the "stretch" boogie style, delta blues style, Texas blues style, blues rock style and the use of the blues in rock playing.
Dominant 7th, Major and Minor Chords in the first (open) position are explained, shown and explored in all styles, as is the 1st position E blues and Minor Pentatonic scales, including the BB King blues box as well as the open A minor Pentatonic scale.
The sheer breath and expanse of the Blues will become apparent in this wide reaching beginners course that will place you, the student, on the road to a lifetime of rewarding Blues based guitar playing.
This Course will teach you the core knowledge and techniques needed in a fun and relaxed way utilizing nothing but first position (Open) chords, scales and riffs.
There will be no struggling with tricky barre chords or advanced rhythm concepts (that's covered in the Intermediate > advanced courses), this is "Cool Blues" for the beginner.
I hope you enjoy it.
- No previous knowledge or experience needed, this course has something for everyone.
- A guitar, either electric or acoustic is all that is required.
- To Play blues and blues rock rhythm guitar.
- To be up to band/Jam night level.
- Understand Major, Minor and Dominant chords and play them in popular song based sequences.
- To play and understand whole, half, quarter, eighth and sixteenth note rhythms.
- To count rhythm patterns.
- Understand the 1-4-5 system and use it.
- Play and understand (numerous) 12, 10 and 8 bar blues rhythm sequences.
- Play and understand blues turnarounds.
- Understand the importance of feel in the blues.
- Use up and down rhythm strums and picking notes with confident.
- Play single note riffs.
I have been playing guitar for 30 years and have been a professional full time musician and teacher for the past 20 years, working from my home and in private colleges.
My main passion has always been blues-rock music and i have been playing in bands of this style for the past 25 years, my many hundreds of gigs range from small club and pub type venues to large open air music and biker festivals performing to thousands both home and abroad.
I am a registered Guitar Tutor with the RGT in England and have put many of my students through the London College of Music electric guitar grades and have a 100% pass rate.
I am still passionate about playing and teaching blues rock guitar and have put together a web site (see link) for anyone interested in taking a look.