In this course, you will learn all about using music apps for iPad and Android with children aged 2-5. I will take you step-by-step through some fundamentals of the use of technology in the early years, explain the basic concepts of music and introduce you to the instrument families, and show you how to use all the features of 30+ of the best music apps for young children, according to reviews by users and the family-friendly-technology organisation 'Common Sense Media'.
Many of the app lectures include a resource with lesson ideas that you can adapt to your own home or learning centre (available in the student Dropbox folder). After teaching you how to use the apps, I go through 8 portfolio projects you can do with the apps to show off your new skills and inspire kids to have a go.
Music apps are a great complement physical instruments for exploring music, and you are sure to have a lot of fun exploring them with your preschooler!
- You should be familiar with a few nursery rhymes and work with or have young children.
- You should be familiar with the basic functions of iPads or Android tablets.
- You will need access to an iPad or tablet, a computer and an internet connection.
- Use free and low-cost apps to help young children explore music.
- Incorporate iPad and tablet technology in preschool music lessons.
- Design individual and group projects for young children using music apps.
- Use music apps to cater for diverse learning styles and ability levels.
I'm an Australian musician, composer, arranger and singer/songwriter who started learning music at age 3, started teaching piano at age 12, wrote a musical at age 13 and produced my first bilingual album at age 21. I play over 10 instruments and have directed musical ensembles and choirs in both Australia and South America, including a salsa orchestra and community bands.
I studied Ethnomusicology and Lyric Translation at Monash University and have translated over 100 songs as well as writing over 50 original songs in over 10 different styles.
As a hobby, I publish books on Amazon and write for Quora Digest.