Whether or not you’re a Developer, anyone who works with code or servers will boost their productivity with Docker's open app-building platform. In this course you will learn how to use the Docker products including:
1) Docker Toolbox
2) Docker Client
3) Docker Machine
4) Docker Compose
5) Docker Cloud
In addition, this course will cover how to work with images and containers, how to get your project running, and how to push it to the cloud, among other important lessons.
We first review what Docker is and why it is important. We then walk through a step-by-step guide for both Windows and Mac to install all the required components you are going to need for the class.
With your computer set up, we dive in the Docker Toolbox, the Docker Machine and Docker Client commands, and you'll quickly appreciate how all these components help you in your development environment.
Next, you'll learn to work with images, as well as Docker Containers, and how to link and manage them. After that, you'll discover how to get a fully-functional development environment up and running, both locally and in the cloud! By the end of this course, you'll be able to increase your productivity and create lightweight apps that run identically, no matter the environment.
- We will start off by talkingabout what exactly is Docker is, and we'll clarify some key terms andconcepts that you need to know in order to be successful and to understandhow Docker works.
- We will then take thoseconcepts and talk about how we can apply them to improve out developmentprocess and workflow. You will be surprised by how many benefits thereare.
- Next up we'll talk about theDocker tools and the role that they each play in this overall developmentworkflow.
- Then we'll wrap up by seeingDocker in action, and I'll actually show an application that's usingDocker to hit a database, do some caching, and some other aspects of anormal development workflow and development application. So let's go aheadand get started by answering that all-important question of, what isDocker, and then jump into the benefits it can offer us as developers.
development environment very quickly, and that's really one of the key aspects
that we're going to focus on throughout this course. The Cool part is that's
just a very minor benefit of Docker overall, it's definitely a big benefit as a
- Students are not required to know any additional material