What is this course about:
This course covers all the fundamentals about Docker software and teach you everything you need to know about developing and deploying modern applications with Docker software.
In the end of this course, you will gain in-depth knowledge about Docker software and general DevOps skills to help your company or your own project to apply the right docker workflow and continuously deliver better software.
What will you learn from this course:
In particularly, you will learn:
- Containerize a web-based application with a micro-service approach and automate it using Dockerfile.
- Design multi-container applications and automate the workflow using Compose.
- Scale Docker workflow with Docker Swarm, orchestrate and deploy a large-scale application across multiple hosts in the cloud.
- Best practices of working with Docker software in the field.
- In-depth knowledge about Docker software and confidence to help your company or your own project to apply the right Docker deployment workflow and continuously deliver better software.
- Invaluable DevOps skills such as setting up continuous integration pipelines.
Why shall we learn Docker technologies:
Docker software is on the bleeding edge of technology today. It is also one of the most compelling technologies of the last decade in terms of its disruption to software development, operations, systems architecture, testing and compliance practices.
Docker is becoming a must tool for developers. containers and the Docker’s approach gives you the opportunity to work without any need of dependencies. Docker allows developers to focus on the things which actually matters without worrying about the environment where the application runs.
Tons of companies are using docker in production, today you have the access to that same virtualization technology right on your desktop.
About the author:
In the past, James worked at many companies such as Amazon and Google. Now James is working at one of the top Silicon Valley startups specializing big data analysis.
During the past two years, James has been leading his team to dockerize their old monolithic applications with a micro-service approach.
James' company has gained massive benefits by running Docker in production. In this course, he is going to share with you his years of knowledge and best practices of working with docker in the real field.
Why DevOps skills?
Nowadays DevOps engineers are in great demand in the IT industry. Companies are looking for developers who can both develop and deploy the applications.
The average salary of a DevOps engineer is about $140,000 per year in Silicon Valley area which is 20% higher than the salary of a software engineer.
Master DevOps Skills means you will be staying ahead in the competitive job market!
Why choosing this course?
This course is very hands on, James has put lots effort to provide you with not only the theory but also real-life examples of developing Docker applications that you can try out on your own laptop.
James has uploaded all the source code to Github and you will be able to follow along with either windows, MAC OS or Linux.
In the end of this course, James is confident that you will gain in depth knowledge about Docker and general DevOps skills to help your company or your own project to apply the right docker workflow and continuously deliver better software.
30-day money-back guarantee!
You will get 30-day money-back guarantee from Udemy for this course.
If not satisfied simply ask for a refund within 30 days. You will get full refund. No questions whatsoever asked.
Are you ready to take your DevOps skills and career to the next level, take this course now!
You will go from zero to Docker hero in 4 hours.
- A computer running Windows, OSX or Linux.
- Knowledge of Git and Linux will be preferred but NOT required.
- Prior experience with Docker Technologies is NOT required.
- Containerize a web-based application with a microservice approach and automate it using Dockerfile
- Design multi-container applications and automate the workflow using Compose
- Scale Docker workflow with Docker Swarm, orchestrate and deploy a large-scale application across multiple hosts in the cloud
- Best practices of working with Docker technology in the field
- In-depth knowledge about Docker technology and confidence to help your company or your own project to apply the right Docker deployment workflow and continuously deliver better software
- Invaluable DevOps skills such as setting up continuous integration workflows
- And much much more...
Tao is a passionate software engineer who works in a leading big data analysis company in Silicon Valley.
Previously Tao has worked in big IT companies such as IBM and Tao.
Tao has a MS degree in Computer Science from University of McGill and many years of experience as a teaching assistant for various computer science classes.
When Tao is not working, Tao enjoys reading and swimming, and he is a passionate photographer.
Skilled programmers remain in high demand in this digitally-focused world.
Level-up offers practical and engaging learning solution that is revolutionizing professional online training.
Level-up provides courses delivered by top industry experts and well-designed real-life course projects
We teach technology the way it is used in the industry world.
We offer a range of courses that teach you from the fundamentals of programming to advanced topics in the areas of Big Data and DevOps, Data Science and Apache Spark, etc
The Level-up Udemy courses are your gateway to high-quality software courses from industry experts and influencers.
James Lee is a passionate software wizard working at one of the top Silicon Valley-based startups specializing in big data analysis.
In the past, he has worked on big companies such as Google and Amazon
In his day job, he works with big data technologies such as Cassandra and ElasticSearch, and he is an absolute Docker technology geek and IntelliJ IDEA lover with strong focus on efficiency and simplicity.
Apart from his career as a software engineer, he is keen on sharing his knowledge with others and guiding them especially for startups and programming. He has been teaching courses and conducting workshops on Java programming / IntelliJ IDEA since he was 21.
He enjoys working with Udemy because here he can share all his field knowledge and secrets with a broader audience. He hopes students will definitely benefit from his years of experience. The students will be thrilled of association with James and Udemy. And we are also excited to have you on board.
James Lee has a MS degree in Computer Science from McGill University and many years of experience as a teaching assistant for various computer science classes.
James Lee also enjoys skiing and swimming, and he is a passionate traveler.