What's in this course?
This course offers an introduction to digital platforms and how they are governed. Platforms like Apple's iOS, Android, Facebook, and Amazon are changing the rules of competition. They are challenging conventional models of business. This course will help you make sense of the dynamics of digital platform ecosystems. Topic covered include: the core components of platform ecosystems, differences between traditional IT governance and platform governance, the three facets of platform governance: (1) Decision Rights; (2) Control Portfolio Design; and (3) Pricing Policies.
How will this course help you?
- You will be well versed on how platforms operate and how they are governed
- You will be equipped for a job that requires fundamental knowledge of how platforms are orchestrated between platform owners, App developers and end-users
- You will gain knowledge of the facets of platform governance
- You will garner insights on how platform owners set decision rights, controls and pricing policies
Here is what you will receive with your enrolment:
- High-quality lectures that explain the different terms and concepts with real world practical examples.
- Lifetime access with no expiration so you can complete the course at your own pace, anywhere, on any device and come back for a refresher at any time.
Through the course you will gain knowledge on these topics:
- Understand how digital platforms are organized
- Master the fundamental concepts around the governance of platforms
- Be bale to describe common facets of platform governance
- Understand the opportunities and challenges associated with platforms
- Basic understanding of English
- Basic familiarity with IT
- No prep work or previous knowledge required