- The instructor knows the material, and has detailed explanation on every topic he discusses. Has clarity too, and warns students of potential pitfalls. He has a very logical explanation, and it is easy to follow him. I highly recommend this class, and would look into taking a new class from him. - Diana
- This is excellent, and I cannot complement the instructor enough. Extremely clear, relevant, and high quality - with helpful practical tips and advice. Would recommend this to anyone wanting to learn pandas. Lessons are well constructed. I'm actually surprised at how well done this is. I don't give many 5 stars, but this has earned it so far. - Michael
- This course is very thorough, clear, and well thought out. This is the best Udemy course I have taken thus far. (This is my third course.) The instruction is excellent! - James
Welcome to the most comprehensive Pandas course available on Udemy! An excellent choice for both beginners and experts looking to expand their knowledge on one of the most popular Python libraries in the world!
Data Analysis with Pandas and Python offers 19+ hours of in-depth video tutorials on the most powerful data analysis toolkit available today. Lessons include:
Why learn pandas?
If you've spent time in a spreadsheet software like Microsoft Excel, Apple Numbers, or Google Sheets and are eager to take your data analysis skills to the next level, this course is for you!
Data Analysis with Pandas and Python introduces you to the popular Pandas library built on top of the Python programming language.
Pandas is a powerhouse tool that allows you to do anything and everything with colossal data sets analyzing, organizing, sorting, filtering, pivoting, aggregating, munging, cleaning, calculating, and more!
I call it "Excel on steroids"!
Over the course of more than 19 hours, I'll take you step-by-step through Pandas, from installation to visualization! We'll cover hundreds of different methods, attributes, features, and functionalities packed away inside this awesome library. We'll dive into tons of different datasets, short and long, broken and pristine, to demonstrate the incredible versatility and efficiency of this package.
Data Analysis with Pandas and Python is bundled with dozens of datasets for you to use. Dive right in and follow along with my lessons to see how easy it is to get started with pandas!
Whether you're a new data analyst or have spent years (*cough* too long *cough*) in Excel, Data Analysis with pandas and Python offers you an incredible introduction to one of the most powerful data toolkits available today!
- Introduces Python, pandas, Anaconda, Jupyter Notebook, and the course prerequisites
- Explores sample Jupyter Notebooks to showcase the power of pandas for data analysis
- The pandas.zip attachment with the working files for this course is attached to this lesson.
- Download and unpack the pandas.zip file in the directory of your choice.
- Basic / intermediate experiencewith Microsoft Excel or another spreadsheet software (common functions, vlookups, Pivot Tables etc)
- Basic experience with the Python programming language
- Strong knowledge of data types (strings, integers, floating points, booleans) etc
- Perform a multitude of data operations in Python's popular "pandas" library including grouping, pivoting, joining and more!
- Learn hundreds of methods and attributes across numerous pandas objects
- Possess a strong understanding of manipulating 1D, 2D, and 3D data sets
- Resolve common issues in broken or incomplete data sets
Hi there! I'm a New York City-based software engineer, author, and consultant who's been teaching on Udemy since 2016.
There was no formal computer science education for me; I discovered coding entirely by accident. A small work interest quickly blossomed into a passionate weekend hobby. Eventually, I left my former role to complete App Academy, a rigorous full-stack web development bootcamp in NYC. The rest is history.
I've always been fascinated by the intersection of technology and education, especially since I've struggled with many of the traditional resources people use to learn how to program. My goal as an instructor is to create comprehensive step-by-step courses that break down the complex details into small, digestible pieces. I like to build the kind of material that I myself would have loved to have when I was starting out.
I'm passionate about teaching and would love to help you discover what code can do for you. See you in a course soon!