Build professional VR apps using Unity 3D, a powerful cross-platform 3D engine that provides a user-friendly development environment. In this course, part of the Virtual Reality Professional Certificate program, you will learn how to build a VR engine from the ground up, so you fully understand the entire rendering pipeline from 3D model to pixels in the VR display. We will also cover motion prediction, 3D stereo, lens distortion, time warp and other optimizations for a fluid, realistic VR experience.
You will also learn how to implement the most important VR interaction concepts such as selection, manipulation, travel, wayfinding, menus, and text input in Unity.
Unity is a GUI based programming environment, in which much of the programming can be done through dialog windows. It also supports scripts written in C#, which as we will show will allow for more complex VR functionality.
What you learn about VR programming in this course will help you write VR games, architectural walkthroughs, engineering simulations, 3D data viewers, medical training applications, and many more.
- Develop professional VR apps using Unity 3D
- Run Unity 3D applications in VR on a smartphone
- Create a 3D environment from scratch in game engines
- Select and manipulate objects with various input types
- Move around a 3D world using unique locomotion methods
- Create intuitive 3D menus to control applications
- Design unique methods of 3D interaction
- Input alphanumeric information, such as text and numbers, in VR
- Build tools to help users navigate 3D environments
- Learn key usability goals and pitfalls for Virtual Reality