In this course, you’ll learn design thinking from the people who helped invent it. Designit is a global strategic design firm, and our designers help organizations across the globe learn and adopt a human-centered approach to innovation.
This course is taught by Alan Cooper, Sanskriti Ayyar, and Teresa Brazen, team members from Cooper Professional Education (CPE) — a team at Designit.
Through this interactive course, you’ll learn a different approach to strategic problem solving so that you can create experiences customers love. You’ll practice design thinking on a real-life project and equip yourself with a powerful set of tools to become more collaborative, innovative, and effective.
- how to understand the problem from your customer's perspective;
- how to effectively brainstorm innovative ideas;
- and how to create prototypes to test your new ideas before investing a lot of time and money.
We designed this class for people who’ve heard about design thinking but who don’t know exactly what it is or how it works. If you want to start learning about design thinking while working on a real project that you can add to your portfolio, this is the course for you.
This class is geared to a wide range of professionals, whether you’re a business leader wanting to better understand what the designers at your company do, or a generalist wanting to break out of solving problems in the same old way.
Music used throughout the course: Just Smile by LiQWYD | find on Instagram @liqwyd. Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License.
- A desire to better understand the needs of the customer
- A timer (your phone will work!)
- A notebook, pen or pencil, and highlighter