This course is for the everyday cook who wants to cook healthy foods for a healthy family. Learn how to meal plan for a well balanced diet and meal prep meals at home with fresh whole foods. Feel good about preparing nourishing, simple, tasty meals with fresh ingredients for your family and gain confidence in your daily cooking routine.
At The End Of the Course:
- You’ll have the cooking skills and the food knowledge needed to prepare nourishing, fast and tasty meals your family will truly enjoy.
- Home cooking won’t be that dreaded chore anymore. Instead, it will become a healthy habit you embrace.
- You’ll have the confidence to choose the healthiest foods at the grocery store, and pass on the processed and pre-made foods that are typically filled with fat, sugar and salt.
- You’ll relax about the whole meal planning process and have a sense of calm while preparing a meal at the end of a busy work day.
- You’ll be happy knowing you’ve worked hard in the kitchen to do your very best at feeding your family the fresh, whole foods that will help them thrive.
- You'll have a healthy, happy family.
The course is divided into four sessions. Each one comprises a balance of lecture, practical skills demos and challenges to solidify learning and keep you motivated. We’ve found that the fastest skills growth comes when students are able to complete one session with challenges each week. But if this isn’t possible, you're free to go at your own pace.
Here’s exactly what you’ll get:
- 30 videos where you’ll learn food information, meal planning, cooking skills, how to read food labels and meal prep ideas
- Four PDF’s packed full of info and delicious, easy recipes you’ll make over and over again like: Tomato Meat Sauce, Quick and Easy Hummus and Mediterranean Greek Salad.
- Five and seven day meal planning templates complete with a shopping list to minimize decision making. This strategy saves you money by keeping your focus on whole foods, which are less expensive than processed or already prepared.
- This course is not for those on specialized diets. The information in this course should not be substituted for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please seek the advice of your medical physician or other qualified healthy provider with questions you may have about a medical condition.
It really is very simple. We need to eat well to be well and we’ll show you how to do it.
- Basic Cooking Equipment
- Kitchen to Cook Family Meals
- Access to Grocery Store
- Access to high-speed internet, an up-to-date modern browser for video
- How To Meal Prep For a Balanced Diet With Fresh Whole Foods For A Healthy Family
- How To Increase Fruits, Veggies, Whole Grains and Fibre Into Your Diet
- Learn How To Choose The Healthiest Foods At The Grocery Store
- How To Meal Plan To Save Time, Money & Reduce The Stress Of Meal Prep
- How To Read Food Labels and Understand Best Before Dates
- Prepare Simple, Yummy Recipes That Your Family Love
I’m Barb Kemp, creator of the course. I’m a food educator with over 15 years of experience teaching everyday home cooks, and an enthusiastic home cook. I get very excited talking and teaching about all things food, healthy eating and cooking.
One of the biggest lessons I've learned is that many home cooks, want to menu plan, get organized with their daily cooking so they can prepare healthier meals for their families in less time and with less stress. However, they’re unsure where to start and lack motivation.
Which is why I've created these online courses. To motivate and inspire parents to cook, and have success in their own kitchens. To teach how to get organized and cook healthy meals so you can have the healthiest family possible.
My love of food and cooking began in my twenties when I was told to become vegetarian for health reasons. The problem was I liked meat and potatoes and didn’t really know how to cook. I ate whatever I wanted, including takeout foods filled with sugar, salt, and fat. Embracing the challenge, I learned to cook. Then I started to add veggies and whole grains into my diet and discovered a whole new positive lifestyle change.
Later, when I became a mom, one of our children developed a food allergy and all meals had to be made from scratch. I struggled at first, but once again welcomed the change and learned to menu plan. It was a game changer.
Eventually, I switched careers and started writing a Newsletter, blog and teaching about healthy home cooking, meal planning and fresh whole foods to everyday home cooks.