Become a master of rhythm with this step by step course and exercise plan. Train your inner clock, rhythm reading + transcribing skills and polyrhythms (includes quintuplets).
You'll be able to read any rhythm, recognize any rhythm ánd you will have the tools to come up with your own polyrhythms.
You can start from any level, we're going to start from the basics, but this course is geared towards people who want to practice towards an advanced/professional level.
It is helpful if you already know what a quarter note, 8th note, triplet etc. is though.
(It's also very interesting and helpful if you're into prog)
The course covers reading exercises, transcribing exercises, performance exercises, analysis studies of recordings by Vinnie Colaiuta, Jojo Mayer, Dream Theater etc.
No stone is left unturned!
- A basic understanding of rhythm is required (quarter notes, 8th notes, 16th notes and triplets)
- Be able to read basic rhythms
- A computer. Audio looping software is optional.
- A shaker is also optional.
- Read and play any rhythm on sight.
- Transcribe any rhythm you hear.
- Perform any polyrhythm.
- Create polyrhythms.
- Seamlessly shift between different subdivisions (8th notes, triplets, 16th notes, quintuplets, ...).
Hello there! We are Jorre Reynders & Timothy Pedone, founders of Edge Effect.
Edge Effect has many different branches and this one is Edge Effect Training, where you can learn everything about music.
Besides that, Edge Effect is also a music production company where we compose and produce music for all kinds of media and it is also a platform for our own projects, #11 Elektric Band (Jorre) and Introvert (Timothy) where we can scratch our creative itches.
You may have also seen us on Youtube with #11 Music, where every week we post transcriptions and tutorials on a plethora of musical topics.