THE COURSE IS CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED TO BLENDER 2.8
We are busy updating the course for 2.8 and including many student suggestions. We are really excited and hope you are as well!
This course is continually updated in response to student suggestions
Blender is a fantastic platform which enables you to make AAA-quality models which can be exported to any game engine, 3D printer, or other software. Here are some of the reasons why you want to learn Blender with this online tutorial
- Create assets for video games.
- Make unique 3D printed gifts.
- Design your dream house, car, etc
- Express yourself through 3D artwork.
Learn how to create 3D Models and Assets for games using Blender, the free-to-use 3D production suite. We start super simple so you'll be ok with little or no experience. With our online tutorials, you'll be amazed what you can achieve.
Ben Tristem is one of Udemy's top instructors, and Michael Bridges is an experienced 3D artist. Together Ben and Michael will provide world-class support, encouragement and plenty of challenges.
The course is project-based, so you will applying your new skills immediately to real 3D models. All the project files will be included, as well as additional references and resources - you'll never get stuck. There are talking-head videos, powerful diagrams, quality screencasts and more.
For each of the models that you build you will follow this process
- Be challenged to build the entire model yourself.
- Be shown step-by-step how to build it.
- Apply your knowledge regularly.
Have a more specific focus? Check out our other Blender courses which focus on characters and environments. Want to bring your models to life in a video game engine? Check out our Complete Unity Developer 3D course. Just look for our green leaf logo - a sign of passion & quality.
You will get full lifetime access for a single one-off fee. The creators are qualified and experienced with modelling and coding, so are able to explain complex concepts clearly, as well as entertain along the way. By the end of the course, you'll be very confident in the basics of 3D modelling and rendering, and hungry to learn more.
If you're a complete beginner, we'll teach you all the modelling fundamentals you'll need. If you're an artist, we'll teach you to bring your assets to life. If you're a coder, we'll teach you modelling and design principles.
Get plugged into our communities of amazing developers on Facebook (nearly 20k), in our own TA-curated Community (17k views/day), and our student chat group (10k live at any one time).
Dive in now, you won't be disappointed!
- Introduce Blender 2.8.
- How to Install Blender 2.8 Beta.
- Check everything is Working.
- Back up previous work.
- Save often.
- (Unique Video Reference: 2_GG_CBC)
- Learn about the 3D cursor.
- How to add a new primative.
- How To delete objects.
- Learn about Scaling Rotating and Tranlating.
- See the various ways of accessing those tools.
- Apply Rotation and Scaling Transforms.
- Learn how to duplicate objects.
- Experience how useful the skill can be to rapidly make something.
- Great for prototyping.
- Add a material to your object.
- Look over the properties a material can have.
- Understand this is the default principal shader.
- Enable Snapping.
- Swtich between different snapping modes.
- Understand some of the pitfalls.
- Look at the scene through the camera.
- Position the Camera ready form.
- learn how to quickly move the camera and around the world.
- Mac or PC capable of Running Blender Version 2.77 or above
- Use Blender and understand it's interface
- Understand the principles of modelling
- Create 3D models with simple colors
- Learn the basics of animation
- Explore and have fun with particle effects
- Create your own materials
- UV map and unwrap your models
- Export your models to external packages
- Use Blender's physics engine to create destruction
- Combine CGI with real life footage
GameDev tv was created to help anyone learn how to develop, design and sell indie games. We have some of the best-selling and highest rating game development courses on Udemy.
We have more than 600,000 students, and our aim is to make and maintain high quality courses that are engaging and entertaining for them.
GameDev tv offers comprehensive courses on Unity, Blender, Unreal, coding in C#, C++ and more. Looking to learn about a topic that we don't cover? Get plugged into our communities of amazing developers on Facebook (nearly 20k), in our own TA-curated Community (17k views/day), and our student chat group (10k live at any one time).
Rick Davidson has been making video games for a living for more than 14 years as a Designer, Producer, Creative Director, and Executive Producer, creating games for console, mobile, PC and Facebook. He founded an Indie game studio, Inspirado Games, which was acquired in 2012 by Electronic Arts / PopCap. He has worked on cool IPs such as Mario, Transformers, Captain America and Mortal Kombat and created successful new IPs from scratch (such as "GardenMind" which was nominated for Canadian Game of the Year in the social / mobile category).
As a qualified Career Coach, Rick has helped thousands of people achieve their dream of making games for a living - both as Indie Game Developers and as valuable game industry employees.