At 1 hour 20 minutes long "Clarinet Kickstart" is the core beginners content of the long coaching programme 'Take Note Beginner Clarinet'
This is about getting the fundamentals of playing right! it will provide you with a solid foundation on which to build your skill set.
All the vital facts are niched into one package. Direct and to the point there is nothing here that is irrelevant or unimportant. Step by step the material makes the playing easy and will get you going as quickly as possible.
The course focuses on specific areas in turn – the Clarinet itself, how it is handled, how the sound is made, how to read music with understanding, how to feel and play with a pulse and bring the music alive – and finally, all the skills are brought together to play some tunes, when you will enjoy playing along with the accompaniments.
You will learn to
- Assemble the clarinet perfectly – so it works perfectly.
- Handle it so it feels easy to play.
- Use a sling for support if needed – appreciate how the neck position and length of the sling can make a difference to the sound.
- Imagine the shape of the column air as you start to control the sound.
- Play with a well-formed mouth position – your "embouchure" – make sound production easy.
- Use the Tongue – to articulate the notes.
- Understand how the music is written and identify the notes and rests on the stave.
- Feel the pulse as you think the counting of the rhythms of the notes in your head.
- Learn the first notes and exercise your fingers.
- Play with the accompaniments – firstly play along with the tune then have a "soloist" experience as you play the tune against independent accompaniments.
- ENYOY YOUR PLAYING AS YOU KEEP THINGS SIMPLE.
By focusing your full attention on only the most helpful habits you will achieve great results.
The whole course will only take you an hour and a half to watch through but because ALL THE CONTENT IS IMPORTANT you need to work on this for some considerable time till you habitually play in the best way, – and even then IT IS WISE TO REVISE THIS MATERIAL FROM TIME TO TIME.
You have nothing to loose! Get your playing on track and do not practise in unhelpful habits that will impair your playing in the future.
SIGN UP FOR THIS COURSE NOW AND GET SOME IMMEDIATE BENEFIT
- No Former Skills are Required
- You will need a Clarinet, some Reeds – Strength 11/2 and a Mirror.
- A few minutes, most days of the week are needed to do some FOCUSED Practice.