In this course, I am going to demonstrate to you how to play beautiful accompaniment to the entire song: O Holy Night.
Once you know how to apply to O Holy Night, you can play this kind of different ballad accompaniment to any songs in 6/8 time.
Here's theSecret: Use Both LH and RH Accompaniment with ballad, grouping and Runs
- We will go through the entire song of O Holy Night from beginning to end
- A quick demo of RH inversion is shown. Since this course is for intermediate to advanced students, I will not go into detail of how inversions are formed. You can take the Piano Trick # 8 where I show the 3T6 handshape tutorials regarding how inversions are formed
- You will learn rhythm - play in 12/8 and 6/8
- You will learn 10 different ballad accompaniment to the first part of O Holy Night
- You will learn to play the change of Key section with Triplet Walking Bass
- You will learn to put in Em Am Em Run with rolling waves
- You will learn Grouping accompaniment to the second section of O Holy Night
These are the piano techniques you will learn to play accompaniment to the entire song of O Holy Night
1. Learn Chord Inversion Technique
2. Learn 6/8 and 12/8 Rhythm Technique
3. Learn Transfer Chord Technique for accompaniment
4. Learn to play triplets Technique
5. Play 10 Left Hand Ballad Accompaniment with variation in Triplets
6. Play Grouping Accompaniment for Right Hand accompaniment
7. Play Grouping Accompaniment for Left Hand Accompaniment
8. Combine LH and RH Grouping
9. Learn Rolling Waves Technique
10. Learn Triplet Walking Bass technique
You will learn the following 14 Ballad Accompaniment Variations:
LH Accompaniment #1 - 12/8 - Double Time Ballad
LH Accompaniment #2 - 12/8 - Simple Octave Ballad
LH Accompaniment #3 - 12/8 - Octave Ballad up and down
LH Accompaniment # 4 - 12/8 - Ballad Thumb Hop
LH Accompaniment #5 - 12/8 - Ballad 10 Hop to the 3rd
LH Accompaniment #6 - 12/8 - Ballad Cross over
LH Accompaniment #7 - 12/8 - Ballad 12
LH Accompaniment #8 - 12/8 - Ballad Hop 2 Octaves
LH Accompaniment #9 - 12/8 Ballad Dance with 2 Hands
LH Accompaniment #10 - 12/8 - Ballad Dance Variation
Learn Grouping Accompaniment!
LH Accomapniment #11 - 12/8 - Grouping Accompaniment
LH Accompaniment #12 - 12/8 Triplet Walking Bass
LH Accompaniment #13 - Line 4: Runs – Am Em Dm
LH Accompaniment # 14 - 12/8 - Grouping (3 tones)
Rosa's Online School:
Teaching 93 Courses on Music & Piano Courses!
OVER 74,000 Successful students have already taken my online courses since July 2014 with many 5 Star Reviews
About Rosa's online course at Udemy:
- Over 74,000 very happy students already in my Udemy classes
- See the 5 Star Reviews from VERY satisfied students
- You get free lifetime access
- All videos are at your finger tips to watch anytime & anywhere
- All future extra lectures and upgrades are always free
- Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee and that's my personal promise to your success!
- Join this happy family of students
- Have a little knowledge of chords
- PLAY in 12/8 rhythm
- KNOW how to apply techniques to 6/8 songs
- FORM triplet playing
- CREATE dreamy sounds with triplet playing
- PLAY ACCOMPANIMENT with chords
- PRACTICE chord accompaniment
- PLAY chord inversions on the right hand
- CREATE beautiful right hand accompaniment
- DISTINGUISH 4/4 from 12/8
- DO Double Time playing
- TRANSFER chord playing from LH to RH
- SPLASH in a variety of Ballad Accompaniment
- COORDINATE easily your LH and RH with ballad variation
- DANCE easily with both hands in these ballad variations
- PUT in a variety of accompaniment to keep the song interesting
- ACCOMPANY a singer with Grouping Accompaniment
- SPLASH in runs and fills into empty measures
- PLAY fast rolling waves
Rosa is the Pastor and Church Pianist for a local community church in Hong Kong for over 30 years. She graduated from University of British Columbia and received her teaching certificate specializing in Chemistry and teaching English as a second language. She taught public schools in Canada for a couple of years and then went on to receive her Master's degree in Christian Theological Ministry at Ontario Theological Seminary in Toronto. She started full time ministry with her husband in 1989 and received intensive Pastoral Counselling and Discipleship Training at Christian Disciples Church. They were ordained to become church ministers as Pastors in 1996 in a local church in Tsuen Wan and have been ministering to this same congregation for more than 20 years now.
Over the years, she has gone on church missions to Mongolia, Sydney, Nepal, India and expedition trips to the Holy Lands: Israel, Greece and Turkey. Wherever she went, she found herself taking up the music ministry and became the church pianist for that church.
Many people at church have asked her to teach them to play piano. As a result of her passion in playing piano, she started developing piano courses initially for church pianists online since 2008. The piano courses are very unique because she was finally willing to share her Unique Piano Method: Color Chord Improvisation Method known as CCI. The CCI method works for all types of music: Gospel, Pop and Standards.
This Piano Method is easy, fun and creative that you learn to play piano not only from music score sheets, but to play chords from fake books and eventually to play by ear. Students all over the world have requested for courses to teach them play standards and popular songs. As a result she developed 3 Great Reharmonization Method courses for them to play from fake books and play by ear. The Dreamy Piano Techniques courses, especially the one on Autumn Leaves is her students favorite. She has a piano website at Learn Piano With Rosa where she continues to offer new courses to her students. She also holds piano workshops for her local students and train church pianists.
With her education and expertise in teaching, her students love her piano courses and found her piano lessons extremely easy and fun to play piano. They are highly motivated to play piano and playing piano had never been more fun and satisfying for them. You can read their testimonies on her website.
She is now an instructor at Udemy. Come and join her hundreds of students to play piano in a fun and creative way.