I have been teaching this course to the undergraduate engineering students for last 15 years in class room. This course is well designed and covered almost all the topics that one should know while learning C language. Will not only help the student to build a solid foundation on the topic but will boost their confidence to face technical interviews boldly.
The course contents are mostly video lectures. I would encourage absolute beginners to follow the lectures strictly in chronological manners, please start from the very first video and go to the next one only if you are done with the previous. However, though not recommended, but students with some previous knowledge could jump lectures if they are confident.
The course is structured basically for the new programmers who may not have any previous experience with any programming language. From the very basic to advanced topics. Simple program to complex one in step-by-step.
One should take this course to build a career as a programmer. Programming in C has been considered as foundation for any programming language. If one is confident with C, then can start learning any other language like PHP, C++ or Java.
This tutorial describes everything about the first program that prints "Hello World" into the console.
- No prerequisites, course is for absolute beginners.
- if else statements, loop - while, for and do while loop with many examples.
- Array - 1D and 2D, why we need them and how to use them effectively.
- String in C - NULL terminated character arrays.
- Writing function, parameter passing to function. Returning value from function.
- storage class - auto, static, extern and register
- Pointer - in depth understanding.
- Relationship between arrays and pointers.
- Array of pointers.
- Command line arguments
- Reading and writing with files, both text and binary.
- Recursion - how it works, recursion vs iteration in depth discussion - Towers of Hanoi
- Various string utilities - sprintf, strtok and many others
- Function pointers
- bitwise operators in C programming.
Hi, I have been teaching computer science and programming since 2001. I did my M Tech in Computer Science and remained visiting faculty to the CSE department of Narula Institute of Technology. I have my own training institute where I provide training on various programming languages and technologies to the B Tech students on C, C++, Java, Android programming, Data structure and Algorithm, DBMS, SQL and PL/SQL.
In my class room I usually teach 100-150 students per semester on different subjects. With the udemy platform now it is possible to teach and spread my knowledge to thousands (may be more)of students across the globe, Udemy opens up vast opportunity for instructor like me and that with remuneration. I guess it's going to be a fantastic.
When I am not taking class I enjoy learning some new technologies. In my leisure time one could find me enjoying with my kids or gossiping with my beautiful wife over a container of tea. I am a "tea-totaller" (guess the meaning :) ) and hate smoking. I have a definite plan to launch an online course on topic "How to drink tea - the best way" on udemy for sure and also on "How to quit smoking - the best way".
Let's hope for the best, happy learning.