This Business English course focuses on language, listening and speaking skills that you can put to use right away in your job. You'll improve your business English skills and confidence in three key areas: meetings, presentations, and telephoning.
The course builds from the basics up to the more advanced business English skills you need in real-life business situations. And it's about more than just vocabulary. You'll learn the phrases, structures, techniques, and special expressions that will take your English ability to the next level.
Business English Pod has helped thousands of learners succeed since 2006. You too can benefit from our years of experience, learning to face common business situations with confidence and skill.
- Give an opinion using more formal (or careful) language.
- Give an opinion using informal (or direct) language.
- Ask for the opinions of others using an appropriate level of formality.
- Move from informal to more formal styles.
- Introducing ideas at a meeting using polite language.
- Responding when other participants accept or reject your ideas.
- Using tentative language.
- Recommending a course of action.
In this lesson we'll cover appropriate ways to reject and accept suggestions.
- Evaluating suggestions made at a meeting.
- Accepting or rejecting an idea with justification.
- Proposing alternative suggestions.
- Showing support for an idea.
- Describing the basic aspects of your job.
- Describing your day-to-day duties.
- Describing the projects you've worked on.
- Discussing job satisfaction.
- Relating basic facts about your company.
- Describing a company's culture and structure.
- Talking about a company's reputation.
- Discussing a company's future plans.
- The course is focused on business English for the workplace and requires a basic understanding of English.
- Develop real-world business English skills for meetings, presentations and talking on the phone.
- Understand the language we use in business, why we use it and how you can use it to communicate.
- Master key business English skills for expressing opinions, making suggestions, clarifying and discussing your job and company.
- Improve your business English skills for communicating on the telephone with colleagues and customers.
- Learn essential language and techniques for giving a successful presentation in English.
Business English Pod is a leading provider of lessons, courses and apps for learning Business English with over 90 million lessons delivered. Since 2006, we have helped thousands of learners improve their business English skills, helping people just like you to communicate more clearly and successfully in business and work.