Announcement! There is a full-stack remastered version of this course! This course builds the backend. But if you're interested in building a frontend and deploying the project, check out the remastered version!
Search for "Build a Blockchain & Cryptocurrency | Full-Stack Edition" under my list of courses!
This course will get you to build a blockchain and cryptocurrency from scratch.
The blockchain is a revolutionary technology that allows for the secure, distributed, decentralized storage of information. Over the past few years, the blockchain has taken the engineering landscape by storm. Many people in the industry predict that the blockchain will disrupt the ways we interact with technology on the same way the Internet did in the early 2000s.
The blockchain is the main technology behind Bitcoin, Ethereum, and the other prominent cryptocurrencies that we read about in the news today. By leveraging the blockchain, cryptocurrencies create a system of “trustless”ness. This cuts the need for middle men like banks and traders in economic systems.
Do you want to enter this young market, and become a highly sought-after blockchain engineer? The industry is starving for people who understand, and even better, can build blockchains. The supply is low, but the demand is high. So having a blockchain project under your belt will open doors and jobs for you.
For engineers, coders, and software developers, the best way to truly understand the revolutionary technologies of blockchain and cryptocurrencies, is to build a blockchain and cryptocurrency yourself. Therefore, this course will take you through implementing a blockchain and cryptocurrency - discovering the underlying techniques and concepts.
The course is designed into sections that introduce the main concepts of the blockchain one-by-one. By the end of the course, you will have a respectable blockchain project in your repertoire.
Some of the main course highlights:
- Build a Blockchain in the object-oriented programming style.
- Generate hashes for blocks in the chain.
- Unit Test Components of the Blockchain.
- Create an API around the Blockchain.
- Create a real-time connected peer-to-peer server.
- Implement a proof-of-work algorithm.
- Sign Transactions with cryptography and digital signature.
- Create a Transaction Pool for a real-time list of incoming data.
- Include transactions in core blocks of the chain.
Written summaries supplement each tutorial. That way, you can move along at your own pace, either watching the more thorough filmed tutorial, or reading the summary.
Ultimately, knowledge of the Blockchain will set you up for success in the future, as an engineer in a blockchain-dominated world. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started building a blockchain!
- Familiarity with using a code editor and the command line.
- Some programming experience will definitely help. If you've never coded before, then this course will probably move too quickly.