PS: Please READ all the points before proceeding
Composer - DEPRECATED - it is NO more supported for Fabric updates
But it is still a GREAT way to learn Fabric Blockchain fundamentals & for carrying out POC. For production grade apps It is suggested that you take a look at my course "Mastering Chaincode Development using GoLang ."
If you are still with me lets continue :-)
Demand for Blockchain technologists is going up as multiple enterprises (& startups) are looking to achieve efficiency or/and create new business models enabled by the Blockchain technologies. Bitcoin & Ethereum have proven to the world that Blockchain technologies can change the way we do business. The challenge with these technologies is that they were both built ground up for public domain applications and are not always suitable for building an enterprise grade application. Hyperldger project, a Linux foundation initiative is driven by the industry leaders to build Blockchain technology(s) that would provide a platform for creating Enterprise Blockchain Applications.
Business | Enterprise Blockchain Applications
The obvious question you may have at this point is, what do I mean by "Enterprise Blockchain Applications". The idea is that Blockchain technology for Business (or enterprise) would need to have certain characteristics that do not necessarily apply to the public domain Blockchain technology such as Ethereum. Characteristics that are desired
- Network support | operation
- Smart contract management
- Control on how transactions are validated
- Trust management
- Scaling, Performance, Throughput
Hyperledger Fabric | Composer Framework
Hyperledger Fabric is a "Distributed Ledger Technology" a.k.a. Blockchain technology that has been built ground up with the needs of the "Business Blockchain Applications" in mind. Composer is a development framework that accelerates the development of Business Blockchain applications of Fabric platform.
This course will teach you how to develop Fabtric Blockchain Application using Composer.
This course takes the approach of “Learn by doing”. Students are encouraged to try out all aspects of the technologies on their own after each lecture. Almost all of the concepts discussed in the lectures are shown in action by way code samples etc. The demo code used in the lectures is available for download from GitHub so that students can change the code to try out new things.
Multiple quizzes in each section will validate student’s knowledge. Coding exercises will help them understand the concepts better & gain confidence.
#1 Build a foundation - covers Blockchain concepts + Hyperledger project-fabric-composer
#2 Introduction to Hyperledger Fabric & Composer Technology
#3 Setting up the development tools - (Docker, NodeJS, Fabric, Composer tools )
#4 Fabric under the hood - student will learn how the Fabric technology works
#5 Learn to use the Composer tools (Modeling, Yo generators, REST Server, CLI, Playground )
#6 ACME Airline Blockchain Application : We will develop a Network application for this fictitious Airline
- Business network modelling
- Smart contracts development
- Participant management
#7 Composer SDK/API
#8 Transaction flow in Fabric - unravel some of the mysteries :)
How can this course help you?
Many enterprises today are embarking on building Blockhain applications for their business domain. At this time the focus is on trying out the technologies by way of Proof of Concepts | Pilots. This course can put you on track to build the pilots/PoC in a very short period of time (~3 weeks)
Information of Hyperledger frabric (& Composer) is available online and freely..so why take this course?
- There are known challenges : The author of this course have gone through the development cycle many times and have taken care of describing the known challenges (& pitfalls) and solutions so, students won't struggle.& spend time on learning rather than searching for solutions on google :)
- Learning curve is steep : Although information is available it would take new students considerable amount of time to digest & understand. The course has been designed to accelerate the learning process without overwhelming the students with too many details.
- Coding guides | experience is limited : For every topic discussed in the course, there is a sample code. Seeing things in action and trying out the code will accelerate the learning
- Time to market : Taking this course will prepare the student for the challenge - delivery of a working Fabric PoC/Pilot in 3 weeks is the goal :) [Assuming student spends 2 Hour/Day]
- What is Distributed Ledger Technology
- How DLTbenefits the businesses
- Typical realization challenges associated with DLT
- Basic working knowledge of Web Applications (HTTP, REST)
- Student must be comfortable in learning newdesign patterns & an architectural paradigm
- Basic knowledge of concepts of Blockchain
- A decent computer & internet connection
- Good to have : Docker, Unix commands, NodeJS
- Develop Hyperledger Blockchain Applications using Composer Framework
- Model the Blockchain Applications using Composer modeling language
- Evaluate if a business application will benefit by adoption of Distributed Ledger Technology
- Develop front end (Client) applications using Composer API
- Leverage Composer REST Server to design a web based Blockchain solution
- Describe the various components of Hyperledger Fabric Technology (Peers, Orderer, MSP, CA ...)
- Design Hyperledger Fabric Composer Business Network Application (NOT the infrastructure)
I am a hands-on Information Technology consultant experienced in large scale applications development, infrastructure management & Strategy development in Fortune 500 companies. Have over 20 years of experience in IT industry. Passionate technologist who likes to learn and teach new technologies.
Currently assisting large companies in the adoption of Cloud, emerging technologies such as AI, Machine Learning & Blockchain.
IBM Champion 2017. Thanks to over 50,000 students worldwide for their continuous support and encouragement.