Gain essential skills in today’s digital age to store, process and analyse data to inform business decisions.
In this course, part of the Big Data MicroMasters program, you will develop your knowledge of big data analytics and enhance your programming and mathematical skills. You will learn to use essential analytic tools such as Apache Spark and R.
Topics covered in this course include:
- cloud-based big data analysis;
- predictive analytics, including probabilistic and statistical models;
- application of large-scale data analysis;
- analysis of problem space and data needs.
By the end of this course, you will be able to approach large-scale data science problems with creativity and initiative.
- How to develop algorithms for the statistical analysis of big data;
- Knowledge of big data applications;
- How to use fundamental principles used in predictive analytics;
- Evaluate and apply appropriate principles, techniques and theories to large-scale data science problems.