This course will teach you the four building blocks of data analysis in a very structured way
* We will first learn about databases and database management systems with the focus of data accessibility. Our preferred DBMS will be MYSQL.
* We will then learn the foundation of Data modeling for relational DBMS and gain knowledge about how data is related and how the design of data models help in capturing business use cases.
* We will take a deep dive in learning SQL; from writing simple scripts to advance analytical functions to gain insight.
* The last section will focus on data visualization and we will use Tableau software as our data visualization tool with many examples to showcase our story telling skills.
By taking this course you will gain experience in designing data solutions which will make you more marketable and competitive in the job market.
I will try my best to keep this course up to date by adding more relevant lectures and lab exercises.
- No previous programming language experience is required.
- You will need a working computer with any operating system installed on it (Windows, Mac or Linux).
- You don't need to buy any additional software we will install MYSQL and Tableau software which will be free of cost.