In this masterclass you will be learning and playing along with a Berklee School Of Music Graduate in every single one of my chord changing drills. I will teach you how to hold your pic and then a beginner finger exercise to help strengthen your fingers.
Next, we go thru all the basic chord shapes and how to play them and strum them correctly for a week or 2and then we start playing with all the play-along chord drills. The chord drills will start with helping you to be able to change between 2 chords using whole notes, half-notes and quarter notes with a metronome, for example: G to Em, Am to G, Em to C etc. at 60 BPM and then 70 BPM. Practice these drills for a week or 2 and then start practicing changing between 4 chords using whole notes, half and quarter notes all at 60 and 70 BPM's. Practice those 4 chord lines for 2 to 4 weeks with the play-along drills.
By now you should be changing pretty good between the chords and ready to learn your 1st strum. The 1st strum I teach you is definitely played in a lot of songs and its a great way to get used to strumming up and down. I will teach you how to play the strum using 1 chord with a metronome so you can easily play-along and get the strum down. Then in each chord drill you will learn to play the strum between 2 chords until you are comfortable enough to start changing between 4 chords using different tempos.
By the end of this masterclass you will have your basic chords mastered and you will be able to play basic songs in time. This masterclass covers the first 2 to 4 months of lessons that I teach privately to my students in Atlanta Ga.
This Masterclass will get you thru at least 2 to 4 months of lessons, it will help you get your fingers moving and learning the basic chords and help you to be able to change from chord to chord and give you what it takes to be able to play basic songs.
In Your Beginner Guitar Masterclass you will learn:
1. The parts of the guitar.
3. How to hold the Pick.
4. What a Whole note, half note and quarter note are, how to count them and how to play them with a metronome.
5. How to play your first finger exercise.
6. Learn The Basic Chords.
7. How to change from one chord to another using whole notes, half notes and quarter notes with the metronome.
8. All examples are play along, so I teach you how to use the metronome and you play along with me!
9. By the end of the course you will be surprised how many fun songs you can play, just with the basic chords.
- Its a beginner format, all you need is a guitar. Acoustic or electric.