Ayurveda is a system of medicine with thousands of years of literature. This course explores herbal treatment for conditions backed up by Ayurvedic Physicians and Research. It is geared towards expanding your knowledge base about what herbs are indicated for what conditions. Ayurveda is a deep and vast science. This course is a survey of clinical aspects. It is meant to be built off beginner level understanding (i.e. interplay between Doshas, understanding of Dhatus, Prakriti). This course is meant for those seeking deeper level understanding of herbal treatments.
- Basic Understanding of Principles of Ayurveda, Biology, Herbal Energetics.
- Build on Existing Knowledge of Ayurveda
- Deepen Knowledge Base of Treatments for Particular Conditions
- Up-to-date Research on Particular Herbs
- Understand Concepts for Looking at Disease from an Ayurvedic Point of View
- Understand Basic Principles for Combining Herbs, Building Formulations
- Learn Different Types of Preparations used in Ayurvedic Medicine
Max has studied the secrets of well-being since 2001 when he began practicing chakra meditation. A lifelong martial artist, Myers began teaching Kung Fu in 2005 at Georgia Southern University. Since then has been a fitness coach/martial arts instructor. In 2007, after earning a degree in Psychology he began working in the mental health field as a wellness coach in in-patient, out-patient and long-term residential treatment centers. Myers has a passion for natural medicine, having completed over 1200 hours of training at Kerala Ayurveda Academy and I.I.E.I earning his Counselor certification in 2014 and completing his practical Practitioner training in 2016 in Kerala, India.
Myers is also a Certified Personal Trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (2016-Present) .
Myers is committed to the bridging of traditional eastern and western wellness modalities for the benefit of all. He supports a holistic approach to health, integrating mind, body and spirit.