AWS Lambda and the Serverless Framework is the QUICKEST way to get started in the serverless world, to deploy AWS Lambda functions in Amazon Web Services that infinitely scale without managing any servers!
This course, unlike others, has an approach that teaches you how to properly deploy AWS Lambda functions from the very first lectures.
- no manual work through the AWS UI
- all your configuration and deployment is coded using YAML and the Serverless framework
- no headaches packaging your functions as zip files
AWS Lambda is a fantastic tool to master when learned the right away.
- save in cost - you only pay per usage
- save in operational burden - no servers to manage!
- scale automatically from 0 to millions of API calls.
For this course, we'll deploy several real world functions to AWS Lambda:
- An automated thumbnail generation service on S3 (Python)
- A REST API using AWS API Gateway & Lambda (nodeJS)
- An EC2 automation to start and stop instances on schedule (Python)
After finishing the course, you'll be able to write any function you want.
6000 students and 900 reviews later, I promise you won't be disappointed.
Try this course, and you have 30 days to be refunded if you don't like it. You have nothing to lose!
Stephane Maarek is the instructor of this course. He is an AWS Certified Solutions Architect, and the author of the highly-rated AWS CloudFormation, AWS Lambda and AWS EC2 courses on Udemy. He has already taught to 40000+ students and received 12000+ reviews.
He shares all his AWS knowledge on the platform, taking the time to explain every concept and provide students with both theoretical and practical dimensions. You are in good hands!
- Section 1 – Course Introduction: Get an understand of the course objectives, how the course is structured, download the course code and get ready!
- Section 2 - AWS Lambda & Serverless - Getting Started: Get started with AWS Lambda using AWS console, then install NodeJS and Serverless Framework to deploy your first function using the serverless CLI
- Section 3 - AWS Lambda & Serverless - In Depth: Learn YAML, Serverless Framework configuration, and AWS Lambda settings in depth, including IAM, timeouts, memory and CPU, VPC deployment, and Lambda Pricing
- Section 4 - Real World Example 1 - S3 Thumbnails: First practical example using Python, deploy a service to generate thumbnails for images that interacts with S3 and use a plugin to properly package your Python dependencies.
- Section 5 - Real World Example 2 - REST API: Build a proof of concept REST API in no time using NodeJS. This is the base for you to start implementing a complicated API!
- Section 6 - Real World Example 3 - AWS Automation - EC2 Start Stop: Deploy CRON jobs using Lambda and interact with various EC2 components. Practice your IAM skills!
- Section 7 - Next Steps: Pointers to continue your learning adventures of the AWS Lambda and Serverless framework.
This Course Also Comes With:
✔ Lifetime Access to All Future Updates
✔ A responsive instructor in the Q&A Section
✔ Links to interesting articles, and lots of good code to base your next template onto
✔ Udemy Certificate of Completion Ready for Download
✔ A 30 Day "No Questions Asked" Money Back Guarantee!
This is the course that could change your AWS skills.
Learning and getting hands-on on AWS Lambda and Serverless Framework helps you to enhance your career opportunities and helps to boost your income. An investment in your career is an investment in yourself. Don’t procrastinate. There is no time like the present to take charge of your career. Take your career to the next level by learning AWS Lambda today!
Take the course now, completely risk free !
- Good to have basic knowledge on Python or NodeJS for scripting
- Basic understanding of the AWS Cloud is preferred to take this course
- Recent Mac / Linux / Windows machine
- Knowledge of the command line is preferred
- Lots of desire to learn new exciting things!
- Develop and deploy AWS Lambda functions properly with the Serverless Framework
- Learn the fundamentals and advanced options of AWS Lambda
- Deploy three real world projects that interact with S3, API Gateway, DynamoDB, EC2 & CloudWatch
- Learn YAML and manage your entire deployment using code
- At the end, you'll be ready to write any AWS Lambda functions you desire
Stephane is a solutions architect, consultant and software developer that has a particular interest in all things related to Big Data, Cloud & API. He's also a many-times best seller instructor on Udemy for his courses in Apache Kafka and AWS.
[See FAQ below to see in which order you can take my courses]
Stéphane is recognized as an AWS Hero and is an AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional & AWS Certified DevOps Professional. He loves to teach people how to use the AWS properly, to get them ready for their AWS certifications, and most importantly for the real world.
He also loves Apache Kafka. He sits on the 2019 Program Committee organizing the Kafka Summit in New York, London and San Francisco. He is also an active member of the Apache Kafka community, authoring blogs on Medium and a guest blog for Confluent.
During his spare time he enjoys cooking, practicing yoga, surfing, watching TV shows, and traveling to awesome destinations!
FAQ: In which order should you learn?
AWS Cloud: Start with AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate, then move on to AWS Certified Developer Associate and then AWS Certified SysOps Administrator. Afterwards you can either do AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional or AWS Certified DevOps Professional, or a specialty certification of your choosing. Once ready, you can learn AWS Lambda and AWS CloudFormation in depth, or do the AWS Big Data certification.
Apache Kafka: Start with Apache Kafka for Beginners, then you can learn Connect, Streams and Schema Registry if you're a developer, and Setup and Monitoring courses if you're an admin. Both tracks are needed to pass the Confluent Kafka certification.
gRPC: First do the protocol buffers course, then move on to gRPC Java or gRPC Golang course.
In order to share knowledge I am not able to respond to private messages on Udemy. If you're a student, please ask questions inside the course. Thanks for understanding!