Introduction to AWS Core Services introduces you to AWS products, services, and common solutions. It provides IT technical end users with basic fundamentals to become more proficient in identifying AWS services so that you can make informed decisions about IT solutions based on your business requirements.
This course has been developed by AWS, and is delivered by AWS technical instructors who teach cloud computing courses around the globe. Whether you are just starting out, building on existing IT skills, or advancing your Cloud knowledge, this course is a great way to expand your journey in the Cloud.
Cloud computing provides a simple way to access servers, storage, databases and a broad set of application services over the Internet. A Cloud services platform such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), owns and maintains the network-connected hardware required for these application services, while you provision and use what you need via a web application.
AWS began offering its technology infrastructure platform in 2006. At this point, AWS has over a million active customers using AWS in every imaginable way.
This course is approximately 4.0 hours long in total, and will be delivered through a mix of:
- Instructor lectures
- Video demonstrations
- Knowledge checks
- Fundamental understanding of IT, storage, databases, and networking.
- Recognize terminology and concepts as they relate to the AWS platform and navigate the AWS Management Console.
- Grasp the foundational servers, including Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS).
- Learn about the security measures AWS provides and key concepts of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Use AWS database services, including Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Relational Database (RDS).
- Understand AWS management tools, including Auto Scaling, Amazon CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), and AWS Trusted Advisor.
In 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began offering IT infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services now commonly known as cloud computing. Today, Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
AWS offers Training and Certification programs to help you develop skills to design, deploy, and operate your infrastructure and applications on the AWS Cloud. We deliver training classes across the globe. We also offer training, bootcamps, and labs at many AWS events.
Jeff Barr is Chief Web Services Evangelist at Amazon Web Services, where he is focused on furthering awareness among software developers of the opportunity to innovate and build businesses using AWS.
Tom Woodyer is an AWS Technical Instructor in EMEA where he is the regional lead for AWS Architecture and AWS Security Operations training courses.
Manoj Nair earned a Bachelor of Engineering (IT) from Mumbai University, and is currently working with Amazon Web Services, Sydney, as a Technical Instructor.
Sean Rinn joined AWS as a Technical Trainer in 2015. Since then, he has travelled all over the US and Canada, teaching IT professionals how to leverage the cloud.